Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Brad Miller's Big Burrito (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Brad Miller's Big Burrito
Joe Tommassello
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-07-2009 04:58 PM      Profile for Joe Tommassello   Email Joe Tommassello       Edit/Delete Post 
A few years back Brad and a few other of you knuckleheads were talking about this incredible burrito you were getting from a local Mexican restaurant chain. I looked online at the time and there were none around me. Now that I travel occasionally for work and I might be near one I can't for the life of me remember the name of the restaurant. Can anyone help me out?

|  IP: Logged

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 04-07-2009 05:20 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
For the life of me, I cannot recall the name of that drive thru joint that Brad would telco me, just to chat, while he was killing time waiting in line to order the BIG ONE! Gosh! I felt important! HA! [Razz]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-07-2009 05:22 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
The restaurant in question is Chipotle. Another great burrito joint (although only 2nd favorite personally) is Freebirds.

There is also Planet Burrito and Qdoba, but I don't care for those as much.

Sean Weitzel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-07-2009 06:22 PM      Profile for Sean Weitzel   Email Sean Weitzel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad and Dan personally introduced Beth and I to Freebirds last fall while we were in town. Pretty tastey, and I couldn't even finish mine.

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 04-07-2009 06:31 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They are Good. They have Chipotle locations all over NYC. I have two locations 2 blocks from me here.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 04-07-2009 06:35 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Freebirds World Burrito is really good. One of their newest locations is in Norman, OK just off of the University of Oklahoma campus.

I'm hooked on Chipotle's food. The last few times I've visited family and friends in Colorado I've eaten at least once or twice at a Chipotle location while there. There's LOTS of those restaurants in Denver and Colorado Springs.

Chipotle finally started building locations in Oklahoma. The first one opened in Edmond off Broadway extension next door to a Starbucks. There's another one in Oklahoma City off Northwest Expressway across the street from Integris Medical Center. That might come in handy if you suffer a heart attack from eating all that steak. At least a handful of other Chipotle locations are planned for the Oklahoma City area.

Chipotle beat Freebirds on opening up a location in Stillwater for the Oklahoma State Univ. students.

Jason Burroughs
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-07-2009 06:35 PM      Profile for Jason Burroughs   Email Jason Burroughs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Deffinatly Freebirds over Chipotle

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-07-2009 06:58 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Chipotle in Denver is the best one because they have pictures of it hanging in many of the other Chipotles around the country. Our Chipotles have banned any English from being used from the staff.

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 04-07-2009 07:10 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awww. Based on the thread title, I was sure I was going to find something dirty here.

And if you haven't tried Qdoba's "Mexican Gumbo", you're totally missing out.

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 04-07-2009 07:25 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a title for a thread!

I have to make do with Qdoba, which is only 70 percent as awesome as Chipotle.

Other restaurants I miss from the civilized world, ranked in order of the magnitude by which I crave them:

In-N-Out -- Nothing compares.
Panda Express
Carl's Jr
Denny's -- Sometimes I want pancakes at 3:30 AM. Go fig.
Jack in the Box

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-07-2009 08:09 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chipotle has great burritos, but why did they stop there, and make the worst chips? Those things taste like (I'll let Redifer insert something funny here) .

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 04-07-2009 09:09 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It may be another year or two before we get a Chipotle location in Lawton. But this place has some hamburger joints that drop-kick the shit out of the competition, including In and Out Burger (they may have a catchy sign, but so does McDonald's).

The Meers Store in the Wichita Mountains is pretty famous for its original blood line Texas Longhorn burgers. Yes, most of the original bloodline of Texas Longhorn cattle actually lives in Oklahoma on the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. The Meers Store also serves Buffalo Burgers from time to time. The restaurant looks trashy as hell from the outside. But damn, those burgers are great!

Wayne's Drive Inn and Burgess Grill also make excellent hamburgers. They're more particular about where they get their beef than most restaurants.

My cousin Tommy lives in Minneapolis. Every time he comes back to Lawton to visit his mother (who is also my Aunt), he does a burger tour. Meers, Wayne's, Burgess and then finally...yeah, Whataburger. Apparently Minneapolis, as great as it is, home of Prince (or whatever he's calling himself these days) has no Whataburger restaurants. Oh well.

Hell, I even like Sonic. But what's special about that? There's so many of them here in Lawton that if you blindfolded yourself and then threw a rock you would hit one. Sonic HQ is an hour up I-44 in Bricktown, OKC. Too bad the Seattle Supersonics changed their name to the "Thunder" when they moved to Oklahoma City. Sonic would have bought the naming rights of the Ford Center. BTW, I really HATE the Oklahoma City Thunder logo. Lame as hell.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-07-2009 09:21 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although I have yet to try In and Out Burger, I bet Denver's own Smashburger destroys it.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-07-2009 09:31 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
We have Burger Streets down here that make a pretty tasty fast food burger, but they serve caffeine free soda...the nerve of them!!!

The best burger around here is probably from Red Robin. I've eaten at a number of them though, and the one in Arlington is definitely the best. There is one on I-10 in Houston near downtown that is pretty blah. I think a lot of it is like the cinema. The average multiplex gets the same quality print and many run the exact same equipment, but the quality of the presentation ranges dramatically from one location to another. It all depends on who is in the kitchen!

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 04-07-2009 09:42 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a lover of good Mexican food, the only Burrito I can get around here from a fast food outlet is at a Taco Bell [Frown]

-Claude

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: