Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Michael Jackson Tickets SOLD OUT!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Michael Jackson Tickets SOLD OUT!!
Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2009 01:53 AM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well this was new! All Michael Jackson pre-sale tickets for his concerts were sold out in merely two days! Anyone going?

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan Worthing
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2009 07:02 AM      Profile for Jonathan Worthing   Email Jonathan Worthing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What was the name of the tour.

The lock up your children tour

The spank the monkey tour

The court has got all my money so I am going to lip sink to a load of people with more money than sense tour.

Can you see I am not much of a fan.

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 03-12-2009 08:01 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Take the Money and Run Tour
Anyone See My Nose Tour
20th. Anniversary Bubbles Tour
The Neverland on the Road Tour

Anyone taking bets as to how many shows he will cancel?

Damien Taylor
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2009 08:06 AM      Profile for Damien Taylor   Email Damien Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Paul McCartney concert sold out in 7 seconds, sure there was only 4000 seats but thats still 600 a second.

Chad Souder
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2009 09:58 AM      Profile for Chad Souder   Email Chad Souder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe that everyone, at some point in their life, was a Michael Jackson fan. I wore out my Bad cassette tape. It made me want to date a girl from Liberia and I still don't know where that is.

Jonathan Worthing
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2009 10:47 AM      Profile for Jonathan Worthing   Email Jonathan Worthing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Chad Souder
I believe that everyone, at some point in their life, was a Michael Jackson fan.
Not in my 40 Years

Caleb Johnstone-Cowan
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2009 10:50 AM      Profile for Caleb Johnstone-Cowan   Email Caleb Johnstone-Cowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have tickets for January.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-12-2009 12:16 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe that everyone, at some point in their life, was a Michael Jackson fan.
I remember during the height of the "Thriller" popularity, I was ordering that album on LP and cassette anywhere from 5 to 20 copies a week. This in a town of 2000 people. These days we don't sell 20 copies of a major album during its entire lifetime, let alone 20 in a week. The only album that was bigger for us was "Rumours" by Fleetwood Mac. Music had staying power in those days.

I had a friend who was a major Michael Jackson hater, but then one time in the store I happened to have the song "Beat It" playing, and the guitar solo came on, and this friend said "This song is GREAT, who is this?" He about fell over when I told him.

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 03-12-2009 12:25 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Blakesley
I had a friend who was a major Michael Jackson hater, but then one time in the store I happened to have the song "Beat It" playing, and the guitar solo came on, and this friend said "This song is GREAT, who is this?" He about fell over when I told him.
He wouldn't have been as "shocked" if you had prefaced it with "The solo is Eddie Van Halen but it's an MJ song." [Wink]

Hillary Charles
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2009 02:15 PM      Profile for Hillary Charles   Email Hillary Charles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not here. I only like his song "Ben," because I like rats, not because of him. Nice performance though.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 03-12-2009 07:36 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Donny Osmond's version of Ben is better.

As to records in the past...Mike...How did "Yaz" do for you "Upstairs at Erics"?

Steve

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 03-12-2009 11:08 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Damien Taylor
The Paul McCartney concert sold out in 7 seconds, sure there was only 4000 seats but thats still 600 a second.
Those figures have ZERO VALUE whatsoever. Human beings are not buying those tickets. Computer controlled ticket scalping companies are.

Go back in time about 20 or so years and if a figure like that gets reported I might be impressed. With today's technology, I would be much more impressed if the asshole scalpers were cut out of the equation and a high value concert's tickets actually took more than a few minutes to sell out.

I hope it's obvious I have a certain level of hatred for anyone in the ticket scalping business. May those guys get an ass tumor the size of a watermelon!
[Razz]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-13-2009 12:11 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Elton John tickets sold out in about 45 minutes in Bozeman, Montana last year.

Even if scalpers were taken completely out of the equation, it's totally possible for about 50,000 people to all be online at the same instant, each trying to buy two or four tickets, so a show could easily be sold out in a minute or less in a large city.

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 03-13-2009 08:18 AM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Bobby; I used to go to concerts, but began to loose interest when the scalpers really ramped up 'hogging' the tickers via computer. Also things like when the Eagles jacked their prices up, because, you know, they only allow high quality T-shirts be sold and need security personal to stop the a few guys selling knock-off's in the parking lot.

Does anyone remember the issue with the Stones ticket lottery here in New York where they required you send in a self-addressed stamped envelope and wait to see if you won the right to buy tickets? They were hoping people would forget about the 40,000 or so uncanceled stamps left over by the people who didn't win.

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 05-28-2009 02:45 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Opening night has been moved from July 8th to July 13th now. And shows scheduled for July 10, 12 & 14 will instead be held March 2010.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: