Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Khan spits his last breath at thee...(Montalban passes) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Khan spits his last breath at thee...(Montalban passes)
Joe Tommassello
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-14-2009 04:37 PM      Profile for Joe Tommassello   Email Joe Tommassello       Edit/Delete Post 
Mr Roarke caught "de plane". Ricardo Montalban passed today at 88.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-14-2009 06:15 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering when this was going to happen. Star Trek 2 was by far the best, largely due to his character.

Have a link?

Rick Raskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-14-2009 06:22 PM      Profile for Rick Raskin   Email Rick Raskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Link

Ron Funderburg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-14-2009 06:58 PM      Profile for Ron Funderburg   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Funderburg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if his coffin will be lined with rich Corinthian leather?

I hope no one has posted this I started to post this at 5:00pm but had to run to the booth for some stuff!

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 01-14-2009 10:34 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ricardo Montalban was classy in all his work. He recently did the voice of a classy cow on The Simpsons.

[Frown]

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 01-14-2009 11:01 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Joe. Montalban carried ST2.

Shane Cooper
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-14-2009 11:06 PM      Profile for Shane Cooper   Email Shane Cooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Khan!

Actually the Cow was for Family Guy instead of the Simpsons.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 01-14-2009 11:47 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aw crap, I stand corrected!

KHAN!!!

Yes Ricardo Montalban carried ST-II and arguably he kept the ST franchise alive for all the subsequent movies etc.

He better get a proper sendoff at the next Oscars, and not get shafted like DeForest Kelly did when he passed. [Mad] Did they mention James Doohan either? I don't think so. [thumbsdown]

-

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 01-15-2009 12:14 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Everytime I see any of his works, I always think of the Chrysler Cordoba...

RIP KHAN.

Hillary Charles
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-15-2009 05:25 AM      Profile for Hillary Charles   Email Hillary Charles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: David Stambaugh
He better get a proper sendoff at the next Oscars, and not get shafted like DeForest Kelly did when he passed. Did they mention James Doohan either? I don't think so.

They're remember him. Because his career was so long, including Technicolor MGM musicals with Esther Williams. I expect to see a clip from that era, and him as Khan.

But they'll probably just show him in a white suit saying, "Smiles everyone, smiles!"

He was great in the "Naked Gun" movie, too.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 01-15-2009 08:40 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think he will make this year's Awards as I think they do that back calandar year.

I do recall a James Doohan tribute though I don't remember D-Kelly.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-15-2009 08:57 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They mentioned Heath Ledger at last year's Oscars.

Also, I would think they'd more likely use a Khan image than a Fantasy Island image, since Khan was an actual film role. BUt my bet is just on a screen of text that shows his name.

Joe Tommassello
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-15-2009 04:41 PM      Profile for Joe Tommassello   Email Joe Tommassello       Edit/Delete Post 
I think RM will make into to this year's Oscar show tribute and Patrick McGoohan as well.

Seems we all agree that Montalban's performance as Khan was key in reviving the franchise. Of course he had that great Nicholas Meyer script. What was the line about Kirk "tasks" him and he will have him - chase around the moons of something and through perdition's flames? Great stuff. I am fighting the desire to watch it again due to the upcoming Blu-ray release.

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-15-2009 05:10 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I looked at the ad Phil posted, and that Cordoba is one ugly car. That was not a great period in American car design.

But, Ricardo sure said "cor-DOH-buh" better than anyone else.

I wish they had written "corinthian leather" into his role as Khan, though.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 01-15-2009 06:22 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Mark, I agree, that's one ugly car.

Here is the Core-DOH-bah of the future...

I have it on good authority that Brad was recently seen driving around Dallas in one of those 1975 Cordoba's while wearing a long fur coat and a fedora hat with a feather...asking for directions...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: