Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » FILM-TECH'S RIDICULOUSLY ADVANCED BOOTH TRAINING SEMINAR (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: FILM-TECH'S RIDICULOUSLY ADVANCED BOOTH TRAINING SEMINAR
Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-01-2009 02:24 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was freaking great!! Great work Brad and Joe, as well as everyone else involved. I was falling off the couch laughing so hard. This was great to come home from the theatre and see this. Also Happy Birthday Film-Tech.

[thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] Good Job everyone involved.

|  IP: Logged

Dwayne Benallie
Film Handler

- posted 01-01-2009 02:40 AM      Profile for Dwayne Benallie   Author's Homepage   Email Dwayne Benallie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love the video, funny!!! i woke up my house mates with my laughter LOL

Galen Murphy-Fahlgren
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-01-2009 03:22 AM      Profile for Galen Murphy-Fahlgren   Email Galen Murphy-Fahlgren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you guys sure you only just started offering that? I have seen evidence of some of these advanced techniques on a number of second run prints before.

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 01-01-2009 03:39 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, watching that makes me miss you guys and the good old days. [beer]

Ben Wales
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-01-2009 04:36 AM      Profile for Ben Wales   Email Ben Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great & Funny Video, well done Guys [Smile]

Happy New Year everyone on Film-Tech.

Damien Taylor
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-01-2009 07:43 AM      Profile for Damien Taylor   Email Damien Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The representation of CIR users as being dimwitted alcoholics was surprisingly accurate. I congratulate the entire NeuCreuŽ on this attention to detail.

Tyler Potts
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-01-2009 08:33 AM      Profile for Tyler Potts   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's 9:30am and I'm visiting the parents, sitting at the breakfast table with a cup of tea and cereal... 1:30 pops up where the print starts sliding off the platter and I'm yelling, "noNoNONO!" at the laptop.

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 01-01-2009 09:25 AM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was brilliant. With just the knowledge I learned in the video, I'm running down to Carmike and applying RIGHT NOW!

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 01-01-2009 10:22 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I laughed pretty hard watching the video. Loved the thing about using a hole puncher to splice film together.

How long did it take to shoot the video for the piece?

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 01-01-2009 11:00 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe is a good editor. His timing is always great.

Among others, my big laugh came on the shot of the oil halfway up the Simplex gear cover. [rofl]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-01-2009 11:57 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent video guys! It should get the Kodak Lifetime Achievement Award for sure.

Don't laugh Tim... Thats something that actually happened to me! At Ski Time Cinema in Ketchum, ID. The assistant manager kept adding opil because she couldn't see the level comming up on the internal round oil sight window. It actually ran that way for several months until my next service checkup and I found it. It prooves that the new Simplex's with all the added "O Rings" really do seal up pretty well... there was very minimum seepage on the film side... nothing to indicate all the oil was in there. One of the three things Wrong did right!

Mark

Jonathan Althaus
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-01-2009 12:19 PM      Profile for Jonathan Althaus   Email Jonathan Althaus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome video and a great way to ring in 09

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-01-2009 12:59 PM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup] GREAT! I knew I had to watch it when the still image is of Joe pointing a finger at me. I forget who it was, but whomever got to throw the can off the roof was a very lucky man, there's been many o' times I would have loved to do that. [Razz]

If I sign up for your seminars, will you make more videos please? hehe Thanks for starting my year off to a good laugh!

Oh, and what lucky theater got to have their Simplex flooded with oil?

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-01-2009 01:01 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Allison Parsons
but whomever got to throw the can off the roof was a very lucky man, there's been many o' times I would have loved to do that.

It looks close to the QSC video in which they throw a QSC power amp off the roof of QSC... even the buildings have some similarity.

Mark

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 01-01-2009 01:32 PM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was Film-Tech's own Josh Jones!
Tell us about the SFX/VFX[,] guys!

--jhawk

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: