Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » College Football (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: College Football
Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 09-21-2008 05:33 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I should have started this thread sooner but whatever. [Razz]

Does any of you get into college football?

I went to the ASU home games(season tickets). The seats I have are pretty nice and close. They're not doing all that great this season... But I am a USC fan so that'll be great to see.

Yesterdays game ASU vs. Georgia... packed stadium, apparently everyone and their mom from Georgia came into town.
 -

-

|  IP: Logged

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2008 07:18 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GO BLUE!!!

I'm a huge U of M fan, like ASU they are not doing doing so hot this year. As they all say its a transition year for Michigan.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 09-22-2008 04:04 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GO BRONCOS !! Another great game with them holding out in winning over Pac10 OREGON..on their turf!!

"BLUE and ORANGE" rules over in this part of the state ...

Jason Burroughs
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2008 10:53 AM      Profile for Jason Burroughs   Email Jason Burroughs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boomer Sooner!

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 09-22-2008 11:32 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn. Beat me to it!

Sooners football games in Norman are Oklahoma's substitute for the NFL. The games draw people from across Oklahoma. Plenty of fans drive up from Texas and other places too.

QB Sam Bradford seems to be playing quite a bit better than last year and the rest of the team is greatly improved. Hopefully the Sooners don't screw up their season by underestimating what they see as a lesser opponent in their conference. They've done that too many times in the past. The Sooners will have to go undefeated to get a shot at the national championship.

Dwayne Benallie
Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2008 07:46 PM      Profile for Dwayne Benallie   Author's Homepage   Email Dwayne Benallie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was at that game too, and I was located at the opposite end of the stadium. I love college ball and never got into the NFL. Yeah after the 3rd quarter i left the game, my ASU pride couldn't take it anymore.. [Smile] Then I went over to Harkins Valley Art on Mill Ave. and watched Netherbeast Incorp. it made me feel better... but then i saw the final score again. Go Sundevils!!

Shane Cooper
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2008 08:08 PM      Profile for Shane Cooper   Email Shane Cooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Muck Fichigan! [thumbsup]

O-H-I-O go Ohio State!

Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2008 08:09 PM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Jen, I'd rather watch college and high school football than pro ball. Pro ball is too predictable and gets boring at times. The college and high school guys play for school pride and you never know what to expect. I'm a USC and Oregon State fan.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2008 08:14 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
University of Cincinnati Bearcats.

[beer] [beer]

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2008 08:15 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For some reason, there was a double post.

Despite what people think I am not a Buckeye fan!

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 09-22-2008 10:16 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Being from Texas I'd side with them over the opposing EXCEPT USC. [Big Grin]

Dwayne, I left 10 mins into the 4th quarter. Only so much we could take. Then went to Tempe Market Place for some Starbucks and then over to The Keg. Was contemplating on seeing a movie but I've seen everything thats remotely interesting out now.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 09-22-2008 11:02 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am a University of Hawaii WARRIOR fan and last year, my team took the Western Athletic Conference championship with a perfect 12-0 season and had the opportunity to play against Georgia at the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans where they got smashed by the Bulldogs. Very sad ending to a almost perfect season. They are not doing well this year with a new coach and the absence of almost all of the key players from last year such as Colt Brennen, Devon Bess, Bryce Mullen and a few others. It is good to see our hero, Colt doing very well with the Washington Redskins after he had graduated from the U.H. If he continues to do well like he did when he made his debut during the team's pre season games, he has a very bright future in pro football.

-Claude

Robert Crabtree
Film Handler

- posted 09-23-2008 12:15 AM      Profile for Robert Crabtree   Email Robert Crabtree   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a member of the Gator Nation, I bleed Orange and Blue. And that Tim Tebow is easy on the eyes!

Bob Brown
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-24-2008 05:49 PM      Profile for Bob Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There nothing else to say, but GO BLUE!!!

-

Chad Souder
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-24-2008 07:42 PM      Profile for Chad Souder   Email Chad Souder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like the atmosphere of college football, but that's about it. Their overtime is pretty much the worst thing every invented. That and the dilluted talent pool turns me off. The tailgating, however, is a good ol' time, but is it a rule there has to be at least one drunk guy hurling within 10 feet of everyone in the stadium? Every game, I swear.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: