Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Britney Spears in Faster Pussycat Kill Kill? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Britney Spears in Faster Pussycat Kill Kill?
Todd McCracken
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2008 04:47 PM      Profile for Todd McCracken     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Britney to star in Tarantino remake of Faster Pussycat KIll Kill.

Well shucks, Tarantino pulled Travolta's careerer out of the fire, cant he do it for Britney?

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-06-2008 08:29 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well she found some acting cred on that TV show a while back, so who knows? At least it'd keep her from singing for a while which can't be a bad thing.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 08-06-2008 10:47 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Quentin Tarantino was making a movie called Raccoon Raping Bastards or something along those lines. It was supposed to be a World War II movie -starring raccoons. What the hell does Britney have to do with that? Too much eye makeup?

Todd McCracken
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-07-2008 01:19 AM      Profile for Todd McCracken     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Inglorious bastards if Im not mistaken.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 08-07-2008 12:11 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Bobby Henderson was the last to post
Tarantino
[Roll Eyes]

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-07-2008 12:40 PM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I highly doubt that this is happening. But if it is, I'll be first in line to see it.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 08-07-2008 12:45 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The troubled singer will also have sex scenes with another girl before the drama ends in a blood-bath. [...] "It is perfect Tarantino material."
[thumbsup]

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 08-07-2008 01:04 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there something wrong with how I spelled "Tarantino" or do some people just not like his movies? I thought Death Proof sucked.

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 08-07-2008 03:11 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You spelled it right; he probably just doesn't like the guy's movies.

And for the record, I liked Death Proof though I can easily see how others wouldn't enjoy it.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 08-08-2008 12:12 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Once again, Chris hits the nail on the head! Bobby, I actually quoted from Todd's post, but it came up saying you were the last one to post (I don't know why that sometimes happens)??

I just don't understand the appeal of the guy. From what I've seen, his stuff is very disjointed and uninteresting. And judging from interviews I've seen, he's a jerk personally; so there are no redeeming qualities to capture my esteem.

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2008 02:24 PM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For me, the appeal of Tarantino is that all of his movies take ideas from other movies and refine them into something new. The end result is not just a good movie, but something which raises the bar, challenging other filmmakers to build on top of what becomes a new standard.

In particular, if you haven't seen KILL BILL, I would highly recommend it. It's everything that movies can and should be, all crammed into 4 hours.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 08-08-2008 03:05 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My take on Tarantino is, I guess, somewhere between Tim's and Mike's. He's genuinely got something - using the 'scope frame and a constantly tracking camera to make the abandoned warehouse in Reservoir Dogs look weirdly claustrophobic reminded me of Hitchcock's mobile Technicolor camera in Rope but translated into widescreen, while the climax of Jackie Brown in which the same scene is replayed three times from the first person perspective of three different characters shows a real flair for scriptwriting. But there are only so many expletives and only so much blood, gore and guts splashing about all over the screen before you start to get a bit bored of it. I can't help thinking that if he'd started his career in the classical studio period, a Zanuck or a Warner or a Mayer would have forced him to take on projects that he might not have liked, but which would have focused his talent to the point at which we'd be thinking of him as a modern-day Curtiz, Cukor or Wyler rather than just an eccentric and entertaining maverick.

Todd McCracken
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2008 03:54 PM      Profile for Todd McCracken     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Leo, that is very well put [Smile]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-08-2008 04:01 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish Brittney Spears would just go jump into a Cement Mixer.... Glopada, glopada, glopada!

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2008 05:01 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kill Bill 1 was great... 2, not so great. Death Proof... ugh. Also, this news seems to be made up as far as I can tell, Brad Pitt was just announced for Inglorious Bastards, but maybe the Faster Pussycat remake will be after that one.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: