Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Joe's New Picture.... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Joe's New Picture....
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-03-2008 10:25 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,

-

How very appropriate that picture is [thumbsup] . Hey, that looks like one of those oogy Regency consoles behind you [Eek!] . I know, they don't make trash cans that big... [Frown] .

Mark

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 08-04-2008 12:59 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(bummer, and I have to take care of 18 of these, but hey at least they still can show a picture...)

- at least, I'm working on slowing down the leaks on these things though

Yea, in X-90 consoles with CNA 150(?) automations behind him?

If he's gonna dump that one, I'll take it off his hands immediately..along with the DTS reader!

(Now, if he was dumping a SuperSimplex in that can, then, that's fully understandable....)
-Monte

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-04-2008 01:44 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
X-90 with CNA 100s. I've seen the CNA 150 and it doesn't look like it really does anything more other than have a useless 2-line text display and a super useless "learn cue" function. It may have a start timer but if there was one, I couldn't figure it out. CA21's for the win. X-90's take CXL-20Rs and not SC's, right?

Oil leaks are usually easy to fix on Simplexes. Just make sure they don't have a ton of oil inside them and make sure the seals are clean. Christies are still way better, though.

Mark G personally put two of the 4 flywheels on backwards in the BACP readers.

Tristan Lane
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-04-2008 02:28 AM      Profile for Tristan Lane   Email Tristan Lane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, What gives.

WTF is up with the DTS reader light being on..... That doesn't make sense!! I say this was a total setup and everything was completely staged.

What a sham. Should we post this in the photoshop disasters thread?

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-04-2008 02:46 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Tristan Lane
I say this was a total setup and everything was completely staged.
You mean you don't think that someone just happened to snap that picture as I was naturally doing this one day? [Wink]

From an alternate take:

-

It's only natural that a lot of detail will be lost when resized to 110 pixels.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 08-04-2008 04:26 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...odd way to drain the oil out of the front....but, if it works, it works....

Yea, CHR 20R's .. correct.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-04-2008 09:22 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the pic meant that you were dumping the 35mm machines for digital.

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-04-2008 10:20 AM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe always has comical photo's. He is just to creative. I vote he become a stand up comedian. What do you all think?

Galen Murphy-Fahlgren
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-04-2008 12:04 PM      Profile for Galen Murphy-Fahlgren   Email Galen Murphy-Fahlgren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I'd take that XL over my V5s any day, although my XLs are older than that, by quite a bit I'd guess. What did you use that for that it doesn't have a turret?

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-04-2008 05:52 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We used it/them for projecting film, of course! Notice the innards are painted white. Do you know what that means?

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-04-2008 06:18 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
It means the projector was old and crappy (not like it still isn't today, but that's another discussion) and that someone "rebuilt" it.

Of course that means if the rebuild job wasn't done by someone like Hadden, all they did was paint it to look pretty.

Actually come to think of it, some of those older Simplexes may have come from the factory white. Oh well it doesn't matter. It's a leaky old crappy Simplex. Right Phil? [Moon]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-04-2008 06:54 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Galen Murphy-Fahlgren
What did you use that for that it doesn't have a turret?
Ours doesn't have a turret and we still use it every day.

It doesn't leak either (well, much).

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-04-2008 08:51 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At first I thought he was just a shakin all the film crud and fuzz out of the head... then I saw the trash can...

Now I'm just waitin for Tim (Er one of the Strong Boys) to post a 15 second movie showing a P35 being dropped off the Empire State Building... Oh wait it'd take longer than 15 seconds to hit the ground from that height... Does F-T have the bandwidth to do that? I guess to be fair they'd have to carry it to the top of the tower thats up on the top of the Empire State Building... then leter goooooooooo... At least when the Christie hit the ground it wouldn't leave an oil slick [Eek!] !

Jon Miller
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-04-2008 09:02 PM      Profile for Jon Miller   Email Jon Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And it was because that poor, defenseless X-L (okay, a "Simplex 35") dripped a drop of oil on Joe's immaculately spit-shined shoes? [Smile]

Two words: Seal Kit. Helped plug the leaks in my Simplex Valdez. [thumbsup]

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 08-04-2008 09:05 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd really like to see Joe do an oblique kit in an E-7, or a vertical bevel and shutter drive gear replacement in a Super ......and get the shims just right.. [Big Grin]

..then we'll see what he thinks about "XL"s ...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: