Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Hello everyone....its been a while

Author Topic: Hello everyone....its been a while
Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 07-09-2008 11:00 PM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to check in and say I haven't quite fallen off the face of the earth, quite the contrary actually. After leaving art cinema I started working in TV, working for a fox affiliate run by a micromanaging GM up here in Fargo. That lasted a little over a year and I'm back in radio again, building a new studio complex for a new 50KW AM on 1100 and an existing 50KW FM that had to be spun off from a JSA. Hope to have both on the air from the new studios by early August.

I've also been doing the road racing thing, usually finishing in the top ten in our club, CRA, with the home track being BIR in Brainerd, MN. I also ride track days at a couple of regional tracks, mainly Road America in Wisconsin, and Mid America Motorplex, near Omaha.

The 94X thing went dark this spring, just too much other stuff going on to give it the attention and time it needed to be of the quality I wanted. Besides, now I have a TV TX to play with [Wink]

I also got my ham license(KD0EJW) and became SBE certified (CBRE), the former with the intention of putting an onboard camera on the bike and a ham tv transmitter in the tail so I could review my riding.

I'm also leaving the area this fall for...where else...Texas. Going to be putting in a crapload of DLP's from the sounds of it, mabe some radio and racing on the side.

..This thing is starting to sound an awful lot like our annual Christmas letter..

some pics from BIR

-

Turn three heavyweight superbike in turn three.

-

Turn ten, not sure what class though.

|  IP: Logged

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 07-09-2008 11:59 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Josh Jones
KD0EJW
Welcome to the fold, brother! Make sure you attend the Dayton Hamvention at least once in your life. You'll love it!

Hope to see you upgrade from that Technician ticket soon, too. [Wink]

de Tim, W3HR

Jeff Stricker
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-10-2008 05:57 AM      Profile for Jeff Stricker   Email Jeff Stricker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on the ham ticket, Josh! [thumbsup]

73 Jeff W9GY

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 07-10-2008 07:58 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back Josh.

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 07-10-2008 01:12 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Figured you were busy. Yes, welcome back Josh!

Paul
Former Tech+ N7FJF
Still General Radiotelephone Operator w/Ship Radar Endorsement
No wimpy Restricted R/T for this international ATP... HA! [Big Grin]

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 07-10-2008 01:13 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
73, Josh

N3QNJ

Kenneth Wuepper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-10-2008 02:31 PM      Profile for Kenneth Wuepper   Email Kenneth Wuepper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Josh,

Happy that you are back up and running.

Good to hear that you are now in broadcast. Please note that you should monitor yourself for ulcers on a regular basis. That business runs on black coffee and adrenalin, both hard on the digestive system.

KEN

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-10-2008 10:32 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Figures I'd be the only one to post up about your racing! [Smile]

Pics show GOOD lines and GOOD eyes for looking THRU the turn.
Wish I had the ability to do a little track practice. It's awesome to see what a bike will do in a controlled environment!

I wondered what you'd been up to... Good to hear from you again!

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 07-11-2008 11:46 AM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all the replies guys. I have been lurking on here from time to time but just havent posted in a while. It's nice to let someone else do the bitching for a change.

As far as the riding goes, its getting better. This is my second year of racing, just got back from two days of racing at BIR(12 races in 90 degree heat....drink lots) followed by two track days at Road America. I'm definately trying to rack up some seat time! I'd like to have a podium finish before the year is out.

JJ

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-12-2008 10:44 AM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there Josh.
I don't post as often as I used to either.
Where in Texas will you be?

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 07-16-2008 06:39 PM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dallas or points east is the plan for now.

JJ

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 07-16-2008 06:51 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey JJ -- good to hear you are doing OK. One thing's for sure, you won't need that red wool hat in Texas. There'll be none of those West Fargo winters in Dallas!

Don't be a stranger; keep us posted. It's been a trip watching you grow up in front of our eyes. Best of luck on your new adventures.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-18-2008 01:07 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy belated B'day, Josh! Sorry I missed it by a day, my time...2 days your time. HA! [Razz]

Again, I wish you much success and good fortune in life. You're a VERY talented guy that I've known for many years! [beer]

HUGGS bub!

>>> Phil

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: