Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Who is worse: Aerosmith or KISS? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Who is worse: Aerosmith or KISS?
Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-01-2008 02:20 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't decide!

|  IP: Logged

Brian Michael Weidemann
Expert cat molester

- posted 07-01-2008 02:30 AM      Profile for Brian Michael Weidemann   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Michael Weidemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Off the top of my head, I could name many more Aerosmith songs than KISS songs, so KISS must be worse.

Aerosmith didn't spend most of its career in make-up, so KISS must be worse.

Aerosmith has five guys and KISS has four, and five is better than four, so KISS must be worse.

I vote that KISS must be worse.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-01-2008 02:54 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
If yer talkin' music, I like some tunes by both.

If you're talking people, KISS gets the award for the worst.

While I was at Iwerks, I was involved with negotiating with KISS to make an 870 film of their live shows...Gene Simmons was total a$$hole! ...demanded to waited on hand and foot. Needless to say, no deal was struck.

The other band members were civil and cool.

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 07-01-2008 04:30 AM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 07-01-2008 05:58 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gene's mother wishes she'd done a lot differently, I'd imagine.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 07-01-2008 06:05 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget Aerosmith has a Rockin Roller Coaster in Disney World. That has to count for something.

I vote KISS.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-01-2008 10:13 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would say Gene Simmons' mother is probably very proud of him, multi-millionaire that he is.

As for my vote: Kiss are better showman. Aerosmith has better music. As for their music in more recent years, they suck equally.

Kiss: All of their best material is in their first few albums.

Aerosmith: Has made some good songs throughout their career, although they've mostly sucked in recent years.

I would say Kiss gets the edge for being worse, since they do not have a (very cool, by the way) roller coaster.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 07-01-2008 10:47 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which is worse? Steven Tyler's lips? Or Gene Simmons' tongue?

That IS a tough call! [Eek!]

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 07-01-2008 11:49 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like both bands. I have seen Aerosmith twice and Kiss five times. Great shows by both bands. Both bands toured together a few years ago. The thing I don't like about Kiss now is the fact that Ace and Peter are no longer in the band. So the two members they have now, who are just as good if not better, have to wear the original members make up. Either let them come up with their own make up or drop the make up all together.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2008 11:57 AM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mark
Don't forget Aerosmith has a Rockin Roller Coaster in Disney World. That has to count for something.
Yes but KISS has Kiss Kondoms, Kiss Koffins, Kiss Toilet Paper, Kiss Pencils, Kiss Tshirts, Kiss comic Books, Kiss movies (including that hilarious TV movie in the 70s), Kiss Toys, and much much more.... Gene gives the fanboys what they want. I vote for Aerosmith.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 07-01-2008 12:01 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Blakesley
(very cool, by the way)
I knew Mike and I would agree on something at some point! [thumbsup] [Wink] [Smile]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-01-2008 06:12 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Heenan
Kiss Kondoms, Kiss Koffins, Kiss Toilet Paper, Kiss Pencils, Kiss Tshirts, Kiss comic Books, Kiss movies
Heenan: If you went to the gift shop at the Rock 'n Roller Coaster, you would see that Aerosmith has a similar array of junk. (Well, except the Koffins.) [Cool]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-01-2008 06:19 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but the KISS KONDOMS are "Tongue Lubricated"...

-

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 07-01-2008 08:48 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Blakesley
I would say Gene Simmons' mother is probably very proud of him, multi-millionaire that he is.
As he is by all counts a complete asshole, I think I'd be prouder of my children if they were decent human beings and broke.

quote: Mike Heenan
Yes but KISS has Kiss Kondoms, Kiss Koffins, Kiss Toilet Paper, Kiss Pencils, Kiss Tshirts, Kiss comic Books, Kiss movies (including that hilarious TV movie in the 70s), Kiss Toys, and much much more.... Gene gives the fanboys what they want. I vote for Aerosmith.
You took your time getting here. [Wink]

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2008 09:22 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just getting started... let us not forget Kiss The Pinball Game... Kiss The Pinball playstation game (now does redifer still hate them?)... KISS the Coffeehouse... KISS The Lunchbox, KISS the men's and women's cologne/perfume, bodywash, soap, deodorant, and shaving Cream, KISS the Zippo Lighter, KISS the Visa Card... and KISS the Baseball Card.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiss_merchandising

I think the only jealous at this point is Yogurt. [Big Grin]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: