Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » I love Family Guy (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: I love Family Guy
Jonathan Worthing
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-18-2008 06:38 AM      Profile for Jonathan Worthing   Email Jonathan Worthing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[joe] may wish to disagree.

Lets have a race.

first to 200 posts
Less your 34 posts to this point 18 Jan 2008

|  IP: Logged

Dave Ritchie
Film Handler

- posted 01-18-2008 02:20 PM      Profile for Dave Ritchie   Email Dave Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Makes me laugh - I'll put my vote here

Hillary Charles
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-18-2008 04:24 PM      Profile for Hillary Charles   Email Hillary Charles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love and Hate are such strong emotions to harbor towards a television show, but I really do enjoy "Family Guy."

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-18-2008 04:51 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I laugh at the show more often than not. (vote)

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-18-2008 05:42 PM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not as funny as first few seasons, but still makes me laugh.

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-18-2008 07:07 PM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am in...

Clint Koch
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-18-2008 07:08 PM      Profile for Clint Koch   Email Clint Koch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Makes me laugh.

Brian Michael Weidemann
Expert cat molester

- posted 01-18-2008 07:52 PM      Profile for Brian Michael Weidemann   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Michael Weidemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seeing as the Hate thread has a fair fraction of posts in defense of the show, this one may end up going the way of the "Where the HECK is your CAT's picture" thread (ie: locked sooner rather than later). But I'll put in my official vote anyway.

[beer]

Peter David Bruce
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2008 05:39 AM      Profile for Peter David Bruce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
top prog

Paul Burt
Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2008 11:27 AM      Profile for Paul Burt   Email Paul Burt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Funniest and most outrageous show on TV.

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 01-19-2008 11:46 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoy it. Formulaic and predictable, but I enjoy it.

Except the singing... often the singing drags me down.

Shane Cooper
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2008 02:43 PM      Profile for Shane Cooper   Email Shane Cooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dumb, immature, and sophomoric. However, I need some of that in my life and Family Guy provides the funny. My vote is here.

Robert John Jeromson
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2008 04:59 PM      Profile for Robert John Jeromson   Email Robert John Jeromson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Add mine too [beer]

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 01-19-2008 05:41 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's rude and subversive. I love it. Even the singing.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 01-20-2008 12:08 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just can't figure out how they get away with such direct attacks on known figures, usually in the entertainment business -- in a talk about being a good mother, Peter says something like, "yah a good mother like Britney Spears," then cut to a picture of BS holding an infant and putting out a cigarette on the infant's head where there already exists a big indentation. I mean, how can they get away with stuff like that? I don't really care because it's really hits my funnybone.

Anyway, yah, I vote YES here cause its a show that when I do get to watch it, I have to make it a point not to be drinking any liquids because unexpectedly it can make me laugh so hard that whatever I am drinking will be shooting out my nose. Not many comedies on TV can do that, and it does it without a freakin laugh track. (I will not watch ANY comedy that has a laugh track....it's insulting to everyone's intelligence -- either it's funny or it isn't; I don't need to be "told" what I am supposed to laugh at. And the idiocy of it is, you hear this raucous laughter and you look at everyone watching with you and 9 times out of 10 they are not even braking a smile.)

Oh yah, btw, I was house sound engineer on an HBO special a number of years ago for a comedy starring Robert Klien and Stockard Channing; there was an audience at the tapings. We taped three runs of it. There were quite a few jokes that in all of the three runs, they never got a even a mild laugh, but when it played on HBO, there was hysterical laughter on the soundtrack. So when they say, "filmed before a live audience, (as opposed to a dead one) it means, there was an audience, yah, but for all anyone knows, they could all be sitting there with frowns on their faces, but nonetheless, the guffaws will come wild and furious from your TV and it's just as canned as before they had studio audiences. It's deceptive, it's a lie, it's phoney and it says something about our shallow culture that the majority of viewers are perfectly ok with being led around by the nose....sheeple.

Er....so, um, yeah...I vote YES. [thumbsup]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: