Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » More over-the-top PC CRAP! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: More over-the-top PC CRAP!
Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 11-15-2007 05:08 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas! Ho Ho Ho

|  IP: Logged

Brian Michael Weidemann
Expert cat molester

- posted 11-15-2007 05:40 PM      Profile for Brian Michael Weidemann   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Michael Weidemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And, obviously, the assumption is that little kids with "their first Santa experience" are going to turn to a life of illicit solicitation, because a culture niche half a world away uses a SINGLE SYLLABLE differently.

But, by that logic, they're equally likely to turn to a life of gardening. [Roll Eyes]

In some circles, the "ha ha" is slang for the female genitals. You can't win, can you? [Big Grin] [Razz] [Wink]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-15-2007 06:05 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I heard about this the other day. I tell ya, we're pandering to everyone and overprotecting our kids. We're raising a nation of pussies.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-15-2007 08:37 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The problem with most "department store" Santas is, they just say the words, "Ho ho ho!" It's not a laugh, they're just reciting the words. If you give a good "ho-ho-ho" belly laugh from the throat, it comes out more like "hoh-hoh-hoh."

If these Santas would learn to do the laugh properly, there'd be no problem.

Regardless, this is PC-ness gone amuck. We're going to get to the point where we just can't talk to each other at all. Or look at each other, either.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 11-15-2007 10:40 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing but sheer Comstockery! Bullshit, I say!

But I got one better for you:

Last year, we had this singer named Sara Gazarek play at our theater. Here is a link to the picture we published in our brochure to advertise the concert.

-

We got phone calls from irate people who complained and bitched because they thought she was "touching herself" in the picture! [Eek!]
This one lady came to the box office and SCREAMED at the cashier!

However, on the very next page of the brochure, there was a picture of THIS band, named "Ba Cissoko":

-

There wasn't even a peep about this picture!

Notice the shirt the guy, second from the left is wearing!
[sex]

It's been over a year since then and people in our office are STILL laughing about it!

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 11-16-2007 06:22 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Joe Redifer
...we're pandering to everyone and overprotecting our kids. We're raising a nation of pussies.

You're absolutely right, Joe.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 11-16-2007 09:27 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They think she is touching herself? Oh horrors.

Well, when that woman came screaming that the picture showed the performer TOUCHING herself, I would have looked her right in the eye and I'd say very quietly, very calmly -- "Yes...yes she is." Bet that would stop the banchee dead in her tracks. Then I would conclude, "Madam, she is merely on a quest of self discovery. She is trying to find out what makes her tick....and drip. And we are encouraging ALL our female patrons to go home and do the same." [evil]

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 11-16-2007 09:56 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The issue with that photo is just another in a long line of examples that easily illustrates a retarded contradiction in American "morals." We believe sex is just so much more horrible and offensive than violence.

I was laughing while reading some reviews and news articles regarding Beowulf. People were surprised the movie's CGI nudity didn't earn it an R-rating. Um, a better question to ask is why the violence wouldn't accomplish that restrictive rating. But then that's how it has been in the American movie industry for a long time. Violence is truly a more destructive thing than sex, but for some odd reason we're far more offended by sex.
[Roll Eyes]

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-16-2007 10:33 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The running joke around here is that an R-rated film without nudity or sex is a "family film". [Big Grin]

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 11-17-2007 07:45 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So long as it doesn't have any smoking depicted it shouldn't be R rated [Wink]

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 11-17-2007 11:00 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And thus the old saying...."Show someone licking a woman's erect nipple....NC-17; show her head being sawed off with a machette....PG-13."

In our twisted, sex-obsessed culture, the only thing we get morally outraged and self-rightious about is what happens between the bellybutton and the kneecaps. Everything else, no problem. Woe is he who's got a "wide stance."

Brian Michael Weidemann
Expert cat molester

- posted 11-17-2007 07:57 PM      Profile for Brian Michael Weidemann   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Michael Weidemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Devil's advocate: Let's revise that "saying".

Show someone licking a prosthetic foam breast nipple ...

Show actual footage of a human woman being decapitated, ending her life.

I think the ratings would be slightly different. Our perceptions are that depicted violence are mere depictions, discounted--if even subliminally--as "not real"; whereas nudity is bloody well nudity! [Razz] [Big Grin]

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 11-28-2007 02:54 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't it the Australians who came up with the alternative version of 'Jingle Bells':

Warning: bad language and politically incorrect humour below.

Ho, Ho, F***ing Ho
What a crock of s**t
We all work for Santa Claus
We've had enough, we quit, 'cause
We do all the f***ing work
While he stars in the show.
So stick your Christmas up your arse,
Ho, ho, f***ing ho!

I'm Santa Claus's wife
I've known him all the while
That lecherous old git
Is a f***ing paedophile!
His sleigh's packed full of toys
And he rogers little boys
So stick your Christmas up your arse,
Ho, ho, f***ing ho!

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 11-28-2007 04:19 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Leo that was Kevin Bloody Wilson who sang that song

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 11-29-2007 07:51 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then...yes.

Warmest Christmas wishes,
John 'Bloody' Wilson.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: