Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Pictures Of My New Truck!!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Author Topic: Pictures Of My New Truck!!!
Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-16-2007 10:18 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bought a brand spankin' new 07 Colorado a few weeks ago. Already did some work to it.

Debadged
Painted Interior Trim
10% Tint
Pioneer head unit
...much more to come!

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-16-2007 11:28 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do you mean by "debadge"? Do you mean removing the dealer logos from the body of the vehicle? A dealer tag anywhere on the vehicle (except maybe removable plates) is a deal breaker for me when buying a car. Plate frames can be tossed right when you get home.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-16-2007 11:48 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Be sure to put Pussy Wagon on the back, that'll bring in the chicks.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 08-16-2007 11:52 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, what an ugly color! What do you call that? "Bubble gum blue"?
What do you need such a a big truck for anyway, as a pizza driver? Real men don't need pimped up vehicles. Real men drive a practical, elegant, and well engineered car. Like this one:

-

(That also happens to be my car, but it's just a coincidence, I had no other picture handy for illustrating my point.)

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 08-17-2007 12:16 AM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2007 02:28 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, debadging is removing the lettering from the sides and tailgate, not just the dealer emblem. It gives the vehicle a smoother look. It foes not mean to remove the bowtie as that isn't an emblem persay, but a part of the grille.

Michael, I kinda thought you'd say that...I'll just leave that alone since we never saw eye to eye.

Also, I'm no longer in Pizza Delivery and I wanted something different for the color...and that SURE does stand out

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2007 02:29 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What no mattress in the back yet?

And where's the gun rack? You gotta have a gun rack! [Roll Eyes]

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 08-17-2007 02:39 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pimpin' ride, man..... at least he's got the standard cab version where the bed can hold a sheet of uncut plywood with little hangover ...

(and I wouldn't knock Michael's VW WGN either - definitely a well built piece of machinery there...)

Paul Trimboli
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2007 04:41 AM      Profile for Paul Trimboli   Email Paul Trimboli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whats the fuel economy like? Probably like a typical American car. I gather the looming oil crisis and global warming are not matter you care to much about? Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh but here in Australia (like in America) people like their big cars that drink fuel, yet they just drive themselves around in it with these big utes being a typical example. It is beyond me why people think like that. I would rather something smaller, lighter and uses effiecent design rather then brute force. I guess thats why I like European cars and why I drive a Citroen C4. If you have a need for a ute then thats a different story, such as it part of you job.

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 08-17-2007 05:01 AM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Paul Trimboli
Whats the fuel economy like? Probably like a typical American car. I gather the looming oil crisis and global warming are not matter you care to much about? Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh but here in Australia (like in America) people like their big cars that drink fuel, yet they just drive themselves around in it with these big utes being a typical example. It is beyond me why people think like that. I would rather something smaller, lighter and uses effiecent design rather then brute force. I guess thats why I like European cars and why I drive a Citroen C4. If you have a need for a ute then thats a different story, such as it part of you job.
What happens is a lot of people say "But I need a big, $30,000 , SUV for that camping trip we do every year."

When in reality, 95% of their driving doesn't involve anything related to camping. The amount of money they save on the car alone (not even including increased gas efficiency) could buy them a few years worth of weekly SUV rentals.

But this is a bit off topic.

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2007 08:29 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I get approx 22 in the city and 25 on the highway. I'm also a stick-shift with a Inline 4. So I would definitely say I'm pretty fuel efficient. When I get my Tonneau cover, I will also add 2 mpg with it. It is fairly heavy, at a 4850 GVWR, but I feel safer in it with all that steel around me.

The color is Pace Blue btw

Also, It really wasn't that expensive. It was approx $15k

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 08-17-2007 09:49 AM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very 20th Century....

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2007 10:07 AM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Heenan
Be sure to put Pussy Wagon on the back
I second that. But I think you should make it a little more personal with something like "The Amazing Greco's Pussy Wagon" [thumbsup] It is a nice looking vehicle though. Hope you get alot of enjoyment out of it. [Wink]

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 08-17-2007 12:25 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The color is (almost) Michael's shirt color. Louis

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 08-17-2007 01:01 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
We should all pitch in and get him personalized plates that say "G-FACTOR". Florida allows 7 alphanumerics plus a space or hyphen!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: