Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » RIP Tom Snyder

Author Topic: RIP Tom Snyder
Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2007 10:16 AM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't really a fan of the guy but his interview with KISS back in the 70s had me in stitches when I first saw it... Ace and Peter were a riot. Also loved the time he guest hosted for Bob Costas and was interviewing Howard Stern and he ended up storming off the set.

KISS and Tom Snyder part 1

Kiss and Tom Snyder part 2

|  IP: Logged

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 07-30-2007 10:21 AM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I watched him also.. couple of really cool or weird interviews. I really liked the one he did with Charlie Manson... I remember Manson implying, in a calm voice, how he would kill Snyder if the guards there would only release his cuffs.

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 07-30-2007 10:34 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom Snyder died Sunday in San Francisco from complications associated with leukemia. He was 71.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 07-30-2007 06:30 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Used to sneak up late (on school nights) and watch Tomorrow. I particularly remember the show in '75 or '76 when he had Ralph Bakshi on. I loved it!

Thanks for the memories, Tom.

Kat Baggett
Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2007 08:53 PM      Profile for Kat Baggett   Email Kat Baggett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Back when I was the GM of the Tiburon Playhouse a small 3 screen Cinema West Theatre he would come in to watch movies there every couple of weeks....my favorite comment to me was after he watched "Boogie Nights" he said all he had to do was look down to remember the ending of the movie.... [Smile]

An amazing gentleman and a real train fanatic as well...

Kat

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-30-2007 11:30 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Kat Baggett
...after he watched "Boogie Nights" he said all he had to do was look down to remember the ending of the movie....
What? He had prosthetic fake penis? (Sorry Kat, couldn't resist!) HA! [Roll Eyes]

I used to watch Tom back in the day. He was an interesting character and interviewer. I enjoyed his late night "Tomorrow" show.

There are many great video clips of him on You Tube.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 07-30-2007 11:38 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was kind of sad when David Letterman took over his time spot at NBC in the early 1980s. But Letterman knew to keep the guy's name out there, sometimes with some pretty funny stunts -such as walking into a restroom at NBC, knocking on the stall door and getting the response, "hey! Get the hell out of here! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

And kids...remember. Don't eat the urinal cake.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-31-2007 12:47 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Letterman's company also owns "The Late Late Show," which follows Letterman's show, and which Snyder hosted for a time.
quote: Kat Baggett
An amazing gentleman and a real train fanatic as well...
Tom Snyder is the host of a video on the history of the Lionel Train Company that I happen to have. He does a great job on it. A very interesting and entertaining guy, he'll be missed.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: