Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » What are your all time favorite TV Shows? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: What are your all time favorite TV Shows?
Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2007 11:19 PM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just thinking about some of my all time favorite TV Shows, including Mini-Series and was wondering what all of you liked or still like, etc. Well, I shall start it off:

1) V: The Original Mini-Series, V: The Final Battle and V: The TV Series (I included this because it is all based on the same story line) - These are my all time, ultimate favorite which I have all of them on DVD;

2) Knight Rider

3) Star Trek: The Next Generation

4) Fraggle Rock (what can I say? I just loved it.)

As you may have noticed, I love the '80's stuff, but a few others I like from recent times:

5) Law & Order: SVU

6) Star Trek: Voyager & Star Trek: Enterprise

7) South Park

8) Beavis & Butt-Head

|  IP: Logged

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2007 12:14 AM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1) TWIN PEAKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2)Adventures of Pete and Pete
3)The Young Ones/Mr Bean
4)Ren and Stimpy
5)Home Movies
6)Pee Wee's Play House
7)Sifl and Olly
8)Sealab 2021/Aqua Teen Hunger Force
9)Twin Peaks
10 on up)Twin Peaks

I've been highly enjoying the Soprano's reruns on A&E since I don't have HBO (nor have I seen any of the DVD's). I love watching Intervention on A&E as well, but it's too depressing to be in my top 10. I also watch WAY too much news on the 3 major news channels.

On a side note, anyone remember the UK kids program from the early 80's called The Third Eye??

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2007 12:54 AM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In no particular order, though Married with Children is my all time favorite

MArried with Children
The Simpsons
Deadwood
Magnum PI
Miami Vice
Nip Tuck
Seinfeld

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-03-2007 01:21 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Among current shows, I don't watch much, but my favorite is the Late Show with David Letterman. For the more serious side, I probably like 60 Minutes the best.

Older shows - It's tough to pick a single favorite because it sorta depends on what mood I'm in, but my top favorites are probably:

Green Acres
All in the Family
WKRP in Cincinnati
The Andy Griffith Show
Mary Tyler Moore
Seinfeld
The Larry Sanders Show (recently discovered on DVD)

You'll note that I have the '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s represented there. I guess that's something to be proud of, maybe?

Damien Taylor
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2007 03:19 AM      Profile for Damien Taylor   Email Damien Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WKRP
Daria
MST3K
Robot Chicken
Seinfeld
Doctor Who (Mainly 1963-1967) Hartnell was god's gift to acting. [Razz]
Hitchhikers Guide
Arrested Development
Curb...
Firefly
M*A*S*H
Thunderbirds

Some Aussie ones:
John Safran's Music Jamboree
Hey Hey It's Saturday (it was a bizarre uniquely Australian variety show.)

I could really go on forever, theres just so much great stuff out there...

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 07-03-2007 03:39 AM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
#24" butI must admit the season that just ended a few weeks ago sucked big time. Personally, the best season was #1 and last year's. All of the other were very good.

Except for "24" and many concert and opera telecasts on PBS, I watch very little regular television shows. Most of my time is spent watching DVDs of movies I skipped when they played in a theatre.

-Claude

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 07-03-2007 08:05 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's nothing on network worth watching at all except for re-runs of Seinfeld! On cable theres alot on the History Channel and PBS still seems to muster up an interesting documentary every now and then. Discovery just has those so-called Chopper-biker guys which are nothing but a bunch of panzys! Discovery Channel has literally gone down the tubes in the last two years, It should be re-named the "Panzy Biker Channel". There is also Animal Planet which has good stuff now and then. I love seeing folks get pounded by a judge for animal abuse on "Animal Cops". Other than that there is nothing I can think of worth wasting time to watch.

One thing irritating about cable is the way they go to a commercial and then come back and review what you just watched for a minute or so before continuing the show... as though you'd completely forgotten what the show was even about. STUPID! In fact they re-run the show so many times during the week that if you missed it or forgot something you could go back and watch it again!

Otherwise I pretty much just watch what I want off DVD...

Mark

Rick Raskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2007 08:56 AM      Profile for Rick Raskin   Email Rick Raskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John From Cincinnati and Big Love are my current favorites.

History International has some interesting shows now and then as does History and National Geographic. Downside are the inane commercials. Someone should use the hook on Billy Mays.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 07-03-2007 08:58 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Star Trek original series
Adam 12
Emergency!
Chips
Six Million Dollar Man
Lost
CSI

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 07-03-2007 10:47 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Six Feet Under
The Office
Robot Chicken
Felicity

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2007 10:52 AM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I'm sure Paul Teutel (or however you spell his name) would love to be called a pansy to his face. [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

I forgot about CSI.... that's one of my favorites now, the Vegas one and sometimes the Miami one, I haven't gotten into the NY one though.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-03-2007 11:19 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Deal or No Deal was fun for a couple of episodes, but I got tired of it fast. Too drawn out. Those producers need to watch some old "Let's Make a Deal" episodes with Monty Hall and find out how to pace a show.

Clint Koch
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2007 11:29 AM      Profile for Clint Koch   Email Clint Koch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
soap

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2007 11:34 AM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also forgot to add the following: Sliders (though, some episodes were a little boring) & Sanford And Son (a great 70's TV Show).

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2007 12:09 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike I totally agree... used to be into that show quite a bit, but some of the contestants were so annoying I would turn it off after 5 minutes.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: