Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Paul Cassidy, 27 April 2007 RIP

Author Topic: Paul Cassidy, 27 April 2007 RIP
Rick Raskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-01-2007 02:35 PM      Profile for Rick Raskin   Email Rick Raskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel this also needed to be posted. I had conversed with Paul via email about the pictures he had taken of the Civic Theatre. He was planning to get booth shots when I had last emailed him. Alas, another fine member of the film-tech community has passed on.

From the fine collage done by jhawk:

"... I also must inform you that Paul Cassidy (this is his daughter speaking) passed away on the 27th of April. Causes, unknown. We would just like you to know that he appreciated the friendship and the many good times he had on the film-tech forums as movies and such was his passion as you probably know..."

|  IP: Logged

Ray Faultless
Film Handler

- posted 06-01-2007 03:09 PM      Profile for Ray Faultless   Email Ray Faultless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is sad.Last year I had some back and forth e mails with Paul and he seemed like a real nice guy. Causes unknown must make it even harder for his family. Thoughts are for them. Ray.

Joshua Waaland
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-01-2007 03:48 PM      Profile for Joshua Waaland   Email Joshua Waaland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sad indeed. Paul seemed to be a very nice guy and not that old either.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 06-01-2007 04:25 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm shocked! Paul was a good guy.

Rest easy, mate.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-01-2007 04:50 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! I am shocked by this news... Paul had been to Utah twice in the last 5 years. The last trip we almost connected but it didn't work out. At least we got to talk on the phone. His family is in my thoughts during ths difficult time.

Mark

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-01-2007 07:17 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sad news indeed..

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Cassidy family and friends of the family...

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 06-01-2007 07:26 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sorry to hear this. My condolences to Paul's family and friends.

Darren Powell
Film Handler

- posted 06-02-2007 03:42 AM      Profile for Darren Powell   Email Darren Powell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow i didnt see that coming.. wasnt he young ? i neva actually knew him but i spoke 2 him on film tech. nice guy !
RIP

Emma Tomiak
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-02-2007 04:32 AM      Profile for Emma Tomiak   Author's Homepage   Email Emma Tomiak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's so sad...I was planning on asking him if we could meet up to chat about booth stuff over dinner when I visit NZ.

Haere ra, Paul.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 06-02-2007 04:12 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My sincere condolences to Paul's family. I'll miss you my Kiwi friend.

John

Dave Ritchie
Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2007 05:30 AM      Profile for Dave Ritchie   Email Dave Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am amazed at how much it can effect you when you have never actually meet people in the flesh, I was really looking forward to meeting Paul,

RIP

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 06-03-2007 11:01 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
May Paul rest in peace. [Frown]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: