Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » George thinks Spiderman 3 is 'silly'... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: George thinks Spiderman 3 is 'silly'...
John Wilson
Film God

- posted 05-11-2007 10:56 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From Showbizdata.com

SPIDER-MAN 3 SILLY', SAYS LUCAS
Wednesday, May 9 2007

George Lucas has joined the major newspaper critics in their negative appraisal of Spider-Man 3. In an interview with FoxNews.com's Roger Friedman, Lucas said, "It's a silly movie. ... There just isn't much there. Once you take it all apart, there's not much story, is there?" Over the weekend, Spider-Man 3 surged ahead of Lucas's Star Wars' episode Revenge of the Sith to take the record for the biggest weekend box-office record. Star Wars was also criticized as being "silly," Lucas noted. "But it wasn't." He also disclosed that he is working on at least two other Star Wars movies for television. "But they won't have members of the Skywalker family as characters. They will be other people of that milieu."

-------------------------
That may be so, but did he ever watch those last 3 films he made? [Roll Eyes]

|  IP: Logged

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 05-11-2007 11:05 AM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, we all know that "Howard the Duck" was a huge blockbuster film. What is it with this guy?

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 05-11-2007 11:45 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lucas it is over.....give it up.....retire already......Steven Spielberg can direct circles around you......He has moved on to better things why can't you........why are you ragging on Spider-man when you know it took you 6 movies to tell one story........

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 05-11-2007 04:34 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"But it wasn't"

That's all the proof we need I guess.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 05-11-2007 04:53 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spider-Man 3 is the best movie ever made. Hell, it has Tobey McGuire!!!!!!! What more do you need? NOTHING! We all can agree that there can be nothing negative said about it. So Lucas is obviously wrong.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-11-2007 05:50 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
But Episode II and III had Hayden Christensen!

Hmmmm,  - or  - ?

Oh yeah, I'll go with Star Wars. [Big Grin]

And for the other team...

- or  - ?

Heck, even there I would say Star Wars. George may make silly movies, but at least the eye candy is better. [Razz]

Let's get a survey going based upon Joe's method of reviewing a movie. Pick your preferred movie based upon the actor/ress. (Make it fun and choose one for the other team as well as your own. [Wink] )

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 05-11-2007 05:53 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take Natalie.
[evil]

Michael Coate
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-11-2007 06:17 PM      Profile for Michael Coate   Email Michael Coate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: John Walsh
Yes, we all know that "Howard the Duck" was a huge blockbuster film. What is it with this guy?

Why do folks continue to blame Lucas for "Howard The Duck"? Blame Huyck & Katz for a change.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 05-11-2007 06:52 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Natalie triumps over Kirsten by a factor of about 10,000. Same with Hayden Christiansen, but maybe only a factor of 7 or so. But nobody can beat Tobey! [Razz]

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 05-11-2007 08:54 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At the time, I felt (after reading articles in the trade press) that Lucas was a very 'hands on' producer for 'Howard.' So, yes, just like I give him a lot of credit for "Star Wars" and the first Indy Jones film, I also fault him for 'Howard.' For example; did anyone think Toby Hooper directed 'Poltergist' all by himself? Anyone could see Spielberg's direction.

I don't mind Lucas being so pro-digital; he's come up with a lot of cool stuff there. I just don't like him saying film is outdated, no good, etc.

Cameron Glendinning
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-11-2007 10:04 PM      Profile for Cameron Glendinning   Email Cameron Glendinning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ummm Derrr, SPIDERMAN is silly!!!! the idea of a guy in tights, swinging around a city doing good deeds ect.

Just because something is silly does not mean its not great Entertainment!!!!!! Large Coke, Popcorn and a Big Screen, no brains required!!

quote: Joe Redifer
Yeah Natalie triumps over Kirsten by a factor of about 10,000.
mmm Yes but the only reason I would kick either of them out of my bed would be to xxxx them on the floor [Big Grin]

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 05-13-2007 01:02 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You want to drink XXXX beer with them on the floor? [Confused] [Razz] [Wink]

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 05-13-2007 07:05 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John; I'm with you on Lucas..........and I was one of the original TAP guys. Louis

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 05-13-2007 11:13 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John if louis is with you then I am with you too. However you both need to post a joke on the forum. [Smile]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 05-13-2007 05:39 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, if Louis and Bob are with you, count me in as well! Next step... the world!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: