Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Maybe getting back in the biz... Do I sound like Greco?

Author Topic: Maybe getting back in the biz... Do I sound like Greco?
Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 05-03-2007 09:19 AM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, now I'm going to post a 'Greco' like thread. =)

For the few of you that know me in 'real life' or talk to me on a regular basis you know that I have been struggling with my current job due to some personal attacks within my store. I stayed and I dealt with it for some time but I feel like I shouldn't have to be treated the way I have been so I'm making the decision to leave.

That being said, my experience mainly keeps me in a supervisor/manager position either within the theater business or the restaurant business (so closely related from a management point of view). I applied to a couple of places that looked worth-while but I was really counting on getting a callback for an IMAX Supervisor position that I saw and immediatly thought would be a perfect fit for me.

Well, a couple weeks went by and I didn't get a callback so I assumed either maybe they just weren't interested or they possibly already filled the position (I applied about a week after the posting was put up). At that point I went on to apply to other positions that looked ok, but not exactly what I was looking for.

Well, today I have an interview at one of the 'ok' positions for assistant manager of a full service 24hr restaurant. But the 'YEAH' factor is I also got a call this morning from the IMAX place setting me up for an interview for tomorrow! =) The restaurant is right down the street from where I live, making it a lot closer then my currently held position and the pay is about the same. The IMAX position is about an hour to and hour and 15 minutes drive from where I live and the pay is also about the same. I'd just need to figure out if loving my job would be worth the drive (and the gas money!)... =)

So, wish me luck on either one. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Mitchell Dvoskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2007 02:06 PM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the pay is about the same

Over $3 a gallon by summer. Need I say more.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-03-2007 02:54 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rach...

Go for the Imax job... [thumbsup] . You have film in your blood... Best of luck!

Its already 3.00 a gallon here for premium...

Mark

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2007 03:28 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's been over $3.00 here for a few weeks now... ouch.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 05-03-2007 05:04 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rachel go for the IMAX job if nothing else it will look good on your CV

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-03-2007 07:27 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot to mention that you also look alot more attractive than Greco does [thumbsup] .

The highest gas I saw here on the way home tonight was $3.09/9 at Chevron... but they are ALWAYS the highest. MAverick with the discount is still $2.84/9.

Mark

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 05-03-2007 07:55 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(dang, Maverik gas here is hitting 2.949 and Chevron is 3.139 - course, all of our gas gets pumped up from those N.SLC/Bountiful refineries through one pipeline)

Yea, once you've been 'bitten' by the "celluloid monster"..you're hooked!

..but, it's a fun addiction ...

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2007 09:16 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been in the business since high school. I graduated in 1980.
"How long have you been working at the movies?"
"Uhhhh...a while..." [uhoh]

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-09-2007 11:30 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rachel

IMAX every time. We would love to welcome you onto the large format forum [Big Grin]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: