Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » New job, I'm back in the movie industry....kinda...

Author Topic: New job, I'm back in the movie industry....kinda...
Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-29-2007 12:16 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok it isn't projection like I want...and am still willing to do, but I'm in training right now to be a Shift Leader at Blockbuster...still in movies, but now the home market...

It's a pretty sweet gig though and I don't mind it at all

|  IP: Logged

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 04-29-2007 12:47 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Free movie rentals in pan and scan!

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-29-2007 01:57 AM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"It's my belief that no true movie lover has any business going into Blockbuster in the first place, since its policies have done so much harm to modern American cinema." -Roger Ebert

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 04-29-2007 06:28 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must be a true movie-lover, then! [Wink]

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-29-2007 03:06 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two of my past co-workers are now employees of Hollywood Video in Austin, one of them as a manager. Like other retailers, video stores offer better pay and benefits than theatres. (If you are in management, that is...).

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-29-2007 05:51 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So Roger Ebert recommends I go to Hollywood Video?

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 04-29-2007 05:58 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(what ever happenend to that "interview" about a couple of months ago with that one circuit down there..guess it didn't work out or something?)

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-30-2007 04:05 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monte, that manager read the thread apparently and brought it up to me when I saw him...

I'm sure that he read about my older problems with Carmike and the Fun-Lan

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 04-30-2007 02:08 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry on that - just not fair for him to use what you said previously against you on a possible job opportunity-esp when it comes from a source that shouldn't be used for prospective hiring siuations.

But, in the long run, maybe it was a good thing not working for them if they were going to be that narrow minded and immature like that. Thus, if you did get on with that circuit, you wouldn't have lasted a week with them with this sort of employment procedures.

Good luck at the video store - I think it'll be fun for you plus, you can advance somewhere with Blockbuster being such a huge nationwide rental company ...

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-01-2007 10:01 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just goes to show that you can never know what will come back to bite you in the ass when you make public posts...

I know that I am a bit biased on certain folks based on what they have posted here on FT...

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 05-01-2007 10:31 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Monte L Fullmer
maybe it was a good thing not working for them if they were going to be that narrow minded and immature like that
I think it was probably the line about him promising to kill the next manager who told him to clean a popcorn machine... [Razz] [Wink]

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-02-2007 10:13 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oooh it's exciting getting a new job. [beer]

....which reminds me I need to start making phone calls in the morning to try and find my new accomodation.

I start a full-time projection job next month. (same company that i'm currently employed as a basic staff worker, but at another site about 100 miles away down in Leicester). I just recieved my written job offer today so I'm all geared up.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: