Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Nero 7 problems

Author Topic: Nero 7 problems
Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-20-2007 04:42 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm having problems using Nero vision to create a DVD.

I have this DVD with one hour long Title that containing a number of music videos and I want to chop the videos up into separate titles with some sort of menu system to access the videos.

I've used DVD Shrink to chop up the video file and then imported the separate files into Nero Vision, to author the menu system and create the final dvd. The problem with Nero is that the program keeps unexpectedly quitting. It doesn't crash nor does it give an error message it just closes. I quickly glance down at my keyboard to type and when I look back at the monitor, all I see is my windows desktop. Anyone have an idea what this might be?

|  IP: Logged

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 04-20-2007 06:38 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best if you import it into Nero with Nero Recode directly from the DVD. You can also set chapter marks there or cut the video into smaller segments. The dialog is a little confusing. You can select/deselct chapters, at first I thought it only imports those chapters. But what it does is keep, add, or remove only chapter marks. It does import the whole title and then you can chop it up. Or maybe you can select portions of it cut out before you import it. I haven't played with it tha much, but for what I did so far, it worked very well.

Christian Appelt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2007 12:18 PM      Profile for Christian Appelt   Email Christian Appelt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is the file size of your largest segments?
Take a look at Edit>Preferences>Output Files and make sure that all boxes are X-ed, especially "Split into 1GB files".

There seem to be some types of copy protection that give trouble even if DVDShrink did the job - please try to compress your clips with less than 100% quality (set manually to 99%) and see whether Nero Vision will accept the footage now.

Michael's advice to use Nero Recode sounds good to me.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 04-21-2007 08:20 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nero 7 also uses its own mp4 format called "Nero Digital". Since I haven't played around with it much, I don't know how effective and compatible it is with other video file formats. I would also check on the Nero website to see if there is any information about that. But in the meantime, like I said, recoding it directly with Nero Recode should solve the problem. It may also be possible to directly recode the already ripped files. But I can't check that since I am traveling and don't have Nero on this notebook.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: