Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » The Incredible Hulk 2?

Author Topic: The Incredible Hulk 2?
John Wilson
Film God

- posted 04-16-2007 03:59 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good grief...

Incredble

Surely not...

Edward Norton to play The Hulk

From correspondents in Los Angeles

April 17, 2007 01:00am
Article from: Agence France-Presse

EDWARD Norton is to play the lead role in the latest attempt to bring the adventures of comic-book hero the Incredible Hulk to the big screen.

Norton will play scientist Bruce Banner who transforms into the superhuman green giant in a film that is to begin shooting later this year.

News of the latest Hulk film comes four years after the 2003 movie starring Australian actor Eric Bana and directed by Oscar-winning Taiwanese film-maker Ang Lee.

Although that film opened well in the US, it failed to match the success of other cinematic adaptations of Marvel comic book heros such as Spider-Man, X-Men and the more recent Ghost Rider.

Reports said the new film would be less serious than Ang Lee's take, and would focus on Banner's search for a cure to the condition that turns him into the Hulk.

“Edward Norton is a rare talent and one of the most versatile actors in the business,” Marvel Studios production president Kevin Feige said.

“His ability to transform into a particular role makes him the ideal choice to take on the character of Bruce Banner and the Hulk.

“Edward is perfectly suited to bring one of the most popular and important Marvel icons to the big screen in a new and exciting way.”

The film marks a change of tack for Norton, who has recently favoured independent films such as Down in the Valley, The Painted Veil, and The Illusionist.

----------------------------

It's not April 1st again, is it? The star of Fight Club and director of the great Keeping The Faith now is making a sequel to a dud 1st film? WTF? Don't do it Ed!

My only solace at the moment is that there's nothing on IMDB to collaborate this.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-16-2007 04:51 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it's true, they should ignore the earlier film and base the story around the roller coaster at Universal Islands of Adventure in Florida, which is killer. Otherwise, I predict a pile of [bs]

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 04-16-2007 06:16 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Edward Norton?

That casting seems even more strange than Michael Keaton as Batman.

Why couldn't they get Eric Bana to reprise the role? He's more believable in such a superhero role, especially if the subject is not treated as seriously as the last installment.

Edward Norton is a brilliant actor, but I just don't buy him in a superhero role. I didn't even buy him playing the Will Graham character in Red Dragon. For an FBI character I would figure him to be one of the special agent forensic geeks than a more military oriented field agent. And believe me, I've seen plenty of real FBI guys having spent my high school years in Quantico, Virginia.

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-16-2007 08:32 PM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Blakesley
If it's true, they should ignore the earlier film and base the story around the roller coaster at Universal Islands of Adventure in Florida, which is killer.
Literally. From Answers.com:

On September 23, 2003, 34-year-old Leslie Killer of Jensen Beach suffered a heart attack while riding the Incredible Hulk coaster. She was taken to the hospital in critical condition, where she later died.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: