Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Source of video adapter in the UK.

Author Topic: Source of video adapter in the UK.
Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 04-16-2007 04:11 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need, fairly urgently, an adapter from a four-pin mini DIN S-video plug to 2xBNC sockets, in order to send Y/C signals down a pair of standard 75 Ohm video cables. I know I've seen these on somebody's web site, but I can't find them anywhere now. All I can find is a very nasty looking one that goes to 2xphono sockets, and I'd then have to use adapters to go to BNC, which I don't want to do. They seem to be easy enough to get hold of in the USA, but I'd rather find a UK source if possible. Failing that, does anybody know of a US source that will accept an overseas order via their web site?

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 04-16-2007 05:29 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go to your local Extron dealer...

S-Video to BNC adapters

They have all four permutations of these (male/female S and male/female BNC). There are also different lengths available.

Steve

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 04-16-2007 05:52 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks; need to connect DVD player to video projector, and Y/C is the best format available, common to both of them.

Did think of making it myself, but the mini-DINs are a pain to work with, and I'd have to find some sort of miniature cable to use with them.

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-16-2007 06:54 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first thought was Canford but they only do a S video to BNC composite adapter. They would probably do a custom cable if you have enough time

Have you tried Stanley Productions on Wardour St?

RS Components do a s video to Scart lead if that would help.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 04-16-2007 10:24 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
S-video female to SCART male adaptors are very easy to come by, and can be found in pretty much any larger branch of Dixons.

Do you have a Maplin anywhere nearby? They're also pretty good for that sort of thing - sometimes very expensive, but they usually have what you're looking for.

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 04-16-2007 11:22 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's S-video male to 2xBNC female that I need; no luck with any of the places suggested so far. Extron, Steve's suggestion, do them, and they look like reasonable quality, but they only talk to resellers etc, and I haven't found anywhere yet that sells them over here. I've found several sources in the US; I may have to order from there, but I need them by the Saturday after next, so it's a bit tight.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: