Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Would you listen to a Projection or Industry related podcast? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Would you listen to a Projection or Industry related podcast?
Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 04-04-2007 03:25 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking into the possibility of launching a podcast with a focus on the theatre industry. Topics would include projection, industry news, and other such stuff.

My question is:
Would anyone be interested in listening to such a podcast?

Furthermore, would anyone consider participating on the podcast in panel discussions? The show would be bi-monthly, panels and interviews would be conducted over Skype.

What do you guys think?

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-04-2007 05:30 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would try to listen to it just out of curiosity. But my question is what could you actually put on the recording? I'd imagine it'd be stuff like:

Wednesday
-AMC is building a new theater which will have 48 screens.
-New movie to exhibited in digital cinema only.
-3 new threads on Film-Tech.

Thursday
-AMC is still building its new theater with 48 screens.
-That new digital cinema movie is still confirmed to be, well, digital.
-15 new replies on Film-Tech.

Friday
-AMC is still in the process of building their 48-plex. Will they ever be done?
-New movies opened today. Nobody cares. Movies that are actually good are rumored to be released sometime this year.
-Phil Hill has posted on Film-Tech. There are 76 replies with references to "coot" and whatnot because it is fucking hilarious.

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 04-04-2007 06:11 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you should go to youtube and see the two guys promoting about the newest Christie Digital Cinema projector [sleep] ; throw away half of the visuals and it would not be too bad [Wink]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-04-2007 07:39 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Joe Redifer
what could you actually put on the recording?
But this wouldn't be a recording, it would be a podcast, which means it will automatically be very modern and cool. The actual content doesn't really matter.

I suggest getting a cast of about 20 people, and reading Film-Tech threads that have been locked, but allow the actors to continue past the lock point and see what happens. Make sure all the actors are drunk before beginning.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-04-2007 08:16 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But this wouldn't be a recording, it would be a podcast
Well shit. I don't own an iPod, so I guess I'm not permitted to listen.

Edwin Sheldon
Film Handler

- posted 04-04-2007 08:31 PM      Profile for Edwin Sheldon   Email Edwin Sheldon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Short answer, no. As Joe mentioned, is how do you keep the content fresh and interesting? How will you keep up a listener base for such a niche area of interest? I imagine tips & tricks, booth mishap horror stories, etc. would keep it interesting from time to time. Apart from that, I don't know what you could put in a regular podcast that would keep people interested.

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 04-04-2007 11:43 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a cool idea. I'll offer to slut myself out for free on a bi-monthly bases and talk about how hot the guys on "300" were. [Razz]

You don't need an iPod to listen, just iTunes.

Frank Dubrois
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-05-2007 12:00 AM      Profile for Frank Dubrois     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Jennifer Pan
I'll offer to slut myself out for free
I wanna have your baby........ [sex]

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 04-05-2007 12:02 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can have my aborted babies. [Big Grin]

Cameron Glendinning
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-05-2007 01:37 AM      Profile for Cameron Glendinning   Email Cameron Glendinning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes, for the next five minutes the incredable sound of the kinoton dp75, followed by a classic recording of the sweet sound of a century jj running 70mm. Later in the hour we will reveal the machine gun sound effects of the IMAX sr that untill now have only been heard by a select few...........

well I would tune in [Big Grin]

John Caswell
Film Handler

- posted 04-05-2007 03:10 PM      Profile for John Caswell   Email John Caswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd probably have a listen, especially to the sound of the DP75 - would be just like being in work [Wink] ... kinda miss it when i'm not in...

Edwin Sheldon
Film Handler

- posted 04-05-2007 11:29 PM      Profile for Edwin Sheldon   Email Edwin Sheldon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To keep enough content to keep it interesting, it would probably have to be a monthly or bi-weekly cast.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 04-06-2007 02:23 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently, no one here can read.

quote: Mike Olpin
The show would be bi-monthly

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 04-06-2007 02:29 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw that, that's why I said I'd offer to do it bi-monthly.

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2007 11:21 AM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not very smart...is the pod cast audio only, or does it incorporate video, too?
[Confused]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: