Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Nero image burning problem

Author Topic: Nero image burning problem
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-02-2007 12:34 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone ever get this error message?

quote:
Cannot write track at correct position with this recorder
I am trying to burn a DVD image (of audio) using Nero version 6.

|  IP: Logged

Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2007 12:56 AM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try this forum for info web page [beer]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-02-2007 04:10 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds almost like you're trying to write dual-layered disc with an incapable recorder or a 99-minute audio CD.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-02-2007 01:03 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope 4.3 gig DVD image and 4.7 gig blank DVD-R.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 04-02-2007 03:54 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had 'Focus or tracking error' a few times when trying to burn DVDs on an LG GSA-4163B drive using Nero 6. One occasion was when trying to burn a double layer disc, back when they cost around £7 each, which was intensely annoying. It would also drop from DMA back into PIO mode immediately afterwards. I doubt if it was a case of NFG blanks - this happened with branded ones such as Verbatim and Maxell. So I put it down to a suspect drive, never used that one for burning again and have never had a problem burning with the other drive in my PC (a completely different make). The error always happened very close to the end of a burning cycle, so I suspect that the glitch happens when the laser is in a specific place. I'm convinced it's a hardware problem.

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2007 06:42 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My only advice is to use NERO Info Tool to check the filmware version of your drive. Then check with the drive's manufacture to see if there is an update available.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 04-02-2007 10:39 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(I'm sure that Brad is smart enough NOT to be using a HP drive, for they are the worst drive ever constructed...letting alone getting it to work with NERO)

But, the firmware issue does come into mind....some compatibility issue is in store here ...

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-03-2007 01:30 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I transferred the image onto the Mac G5 and tried burning it with Toast 6. It started to burn and then gave me "OS error" and crashed. I did this twice and gave up on the idea of using the Mac to burn it.

Any other ideas? I am using a Pioneer burner (dual layer, I think model AO8.)

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 04-03-2007 02:20 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this sounds a bit silly to do, but any luck in maybe copying the data back to the HDD, then do the burn from the HDD doing a 'make a data dvd' method instead of trying to do an image burn?

(have to ask this also..) but wonder if trying to do image copying of AUDIO ((course, depends of what kind ..WAV, Mp3, WMA. et.al. )), doesn't work too well since it's not data info that the image part of the program understands....

I know it's like going out the front door to get to the back yard, but sometimes this method does work.

..good luck, anywho.... - Monte

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-03-2007 02:26 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Monte L Fullmer
but any luck in maybe copying the data back to the HDD
From what??? All I have is an image file on the hard drive that I can't seem to burn to a disc.

Frank Dubrois
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-03-2007 02:26 AM      Profile for Frank Dubrois     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had the same issues with Nero 6. There were some good versions and some bad. One thing that occasionally worked was uninstalling Nero, then reinstalling. Or, first maybe try to upgrade the version you have. Depending on the Nero version and your recorder, you may have issues like what you described. I had enough and just upgraded to Nero 7. Never had the problem again.

.....and I LIKE my HP recorder...works goooood. [thumbsup]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-03-2007 02:45 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
......and freeware wins!

ImgBurn worked perfectly. [thumbsup]

(Excuse me now while I make a donation to that guy.)

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-03-2007 01:04 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's great! And yet really, really sad that the apps that cost can't seem to do it. Actually I think "pathetic" might be more appropriate.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: