Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » When you surf the net, where do you go?

Author Topic: When you surf the net, where do you go?
John Wilson
Film God

- posted 03-07-2007 11:22 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiya

Apart from here, I mean. Give us your favorite other websites that are of interest to you.

I enjoy this archive site and listening to the old radio shows in the audio section...they're downloadable too as they are all public domain.

There are also old newsreels etc in the video section.

Where do you guys like to go?

[ 03-08-2007, 02:48 AM: Message edited by: John Wilson ]

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 03-08-2007 12:13 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting that I also frequent this www.archive.org site - but in the Moving Images section and downloading those MPEG-2 files for DVD (.vob) encoding for DVD playback. I've got a good collection of those Perlinger Archive/A.V.GEEK ephremal films along with those Saturday matinee serials that are available for download here.

I also frequent the Organ and Organists Online site ( www.organsandorganistsonline.com ), and being a member, I'm downloading a good collection of organ pieces in MP3 format.

I also frequent a couple of automobile forum sites pertaining to the Mitsubishi Eclipse (or the DSM cars..) of www.dsmtalk.com and www.dsm1eights.com since I own a Eclipse to have fun with.

-Monte

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2007 12:27 AM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, other than Film-Tech, I visit dis kine website that represents my native language: www.extreme-hawaii.com/pidgin

I speak it regularly, even when I work in the booth or else where at the theatre. I also goto many other websites, mainly, Star Trek related for my Simulation Games (PBeM and PBfM). One website I check everyday & run is: www.freewebs.com/uss_reliant

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2007 12:32 AM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm quickly becoming obsessed with Air Jordans, and frequently lurk www.niketalk.com to get the latest info. I can't wait till September 1st, when I can cop a pair of black aqua VIII's!

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-08-2007 12:56 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I visit the news section at the Internet Movie Database pretty much daily or when I'm bored. It's also a great way to answer questions from theatre customers or settle arguments.

I'm a moderator at A&M Corner, a site dedicated to the old A&M Records label (home of Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass, Sergio Mendes, Carpenters, Cat Stevens, Styx, and so on).

I like talk radio, so while I'm doing bookwork I'll often listen to The Bruce Williams Show or Car Talk.

I like to look at The Smoking Gun from time to time. They have a hilarious collection of complaint e-mails which were sent to CBS following this year's Super Bowl (complaints about Prince, mostly).

I'm an O-gauge model train buff, so my favorite places to look at new models are Caboose Hobbies, Nicholas Smith Trains, and of course Lionel's website.

My favorite online newspaper is The Orlando Sentinel.

And of course I spend a bit of time looking for mistakes or things to fix/change/update at the Roxy Theatre site.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 03-08-2007 01:31 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm a moderator at A&M Corner, a site dedicated to the old A&M Records label (home of Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass, Sergio Mendes, Carpenters, Cat Stevens, Styx, and so on).
Gee, Mike, if you like record labels, check this site out www.bsnpubs.com .. it's a "IMDB" for record labels...

-Monte

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 03-08-2007 05:28 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
See this thread and this thread.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: