Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Program for recording on webcam?

Author Topic: Program for recording on webcam?
Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2007 02:20 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a built in webcam on my new HP laptop, but I can't find any program pre installed that will let you record video and audio from the mic onto the computer, does anyone know of a good program that will allow this?

|  IP: Logged

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 02-17-2007 06:51 PM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a camera built into my Macbook, though I've never used it. I have Windows XP and Mac OS 10 installed on it, and I've just tried the camera with Microsoft Movie Maker, which came with XP, and it works fine. Have you tried this? Maybe you just need a driver for your camera? Are you running XP or Vista? Or something older?

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2007 08:16 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It came preinstalled with vista. There's some Windows movie/dvd maker program on it, I'll have to check that out and see if it works.

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 02-18-2007 05:45 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have just one Vista machine at work, (out of almost two thousand) but that doesn't have a camera, so I can't try it. From what little I've seen of Vista it seems to be quite big on the 'multi-media' type of thing, so I'd be surprised if they'd removed a feature which was in XP, unless possibly you have the Business version, rather than one of the two home editions, or the ultimate one.

If the Vista was pre-installed then presumably any necessary driver would also be pre-installed.

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 02-19-2007 11:08 PM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If movie maker is still built in you should be able to capture footage from a device. If that doesnt work there is always windows media encoder. (free)

JJ

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: