Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Wii Theatre: Looks like someone has done it! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Wii Theatre: Looks like someone has done it!
Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2007 04:10 PM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzfJUHVrWhs

The Wii on the BIG SCREEN!

AJG

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-06-2007 05:41 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We used to do that with older systems... on a MUCH bigger screen!

Cory Isemann
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2007 05:54 PM      Profile for Cory Isemann   Author's Homepage   Email Cory Isemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe just HAS to be the best at everything...

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-06-2007 09:25 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And the first!

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2007 10:38 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[sleep]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-06-2007 10:43 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[sleep]

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 02-07-2007 04:01 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know of a 6 screen that has X-BOX HALO2 on friday nights after midnite til 3am .. with paid admits. Plus, getting permission from Microsoft to do this setup.

4 X-Box units tied together via network cable through a switch, four digital projectors-one per each house. Uses 4 controllers per house. Sound is piped in via cable to an A/B switch to the NonSync inputs of the processors so one can enjoy the sound from behind the screens (and using ground loop isolators on the sound inputs..)

quite impressive and quite the fun to play ... - Monte

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2007 09:34 AM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[sleep]

Jarryd Beard
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2007 12:42 PM      Profile for Jarryd Beard   Email Jarryd Beard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard the Xbox 360 can be plugged directly into the Christie CP2000's. There is no need for an external processor. Anyone else know about this?

Also, we have a Cine-IPM 2K sitting here at the theatre. It will be installed as soon as our Christie tech is free. Hopefully, this is only a couple weeks away. I don't have a Wii yet. But that would give me all the more motivation to track one down.

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2007 01:52 PM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not just the 360. I hear the PS3 has the same output as well.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-07-2007 05:38 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pffft. Back in my day we used S-video. And that's way better than any of these newfangled connections you kiddies have these days!

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 02-07-2007 05:44 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do these have a DVI output? If not, you need a converter. The Texas Instruments video engine does not accept any kind of analog input. If you have a DVI output, you can more or less just plug it in. You may have to make a new format though, which is easy if you know how the setup works...and if you know the password for the touch panel.

Cameron Glendinning
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2007 06:58 PM      Profile for Cameron Glendinning   Email Cameron Glendinning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I worked at planet hollywoods screening room in Sydney, hooking up the video games was one of the first things I did [thumbsup] That was in the days of tube barco's and line quadrupelers

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2007 07:11 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[sleep]

Something more interesting....

-

Cameron Glendinning
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2007 07:42 PM      Profile for Cameron Glendinning   Email Cameron Glendinning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mmmmmmmm yum

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: