Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: May 22, 2008 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  20  21  22 

Author Topic: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: May 22, 2008
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 02-06-2007 03:29 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to the imdb, Boxofficemojo reports that Indy 4 will be released May 22, 2008 (a Thursday).

Guess they better start filming, quick!

[ 02-06-2007, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Mike Blakesley ]

|  IP: Logged

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2007 04:31 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did they decide to tape in digital or shoot on film yet?

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 02-06-2007 05:04 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the complete item from the imdb. (www.imdb.com)

Paramount plans to release the next Indiana Jones sequel on Thursday, May 22, 2008, according to the BoxOfficeMojo website, which cited no sources. It said that the studio is now referring to the film as Fourth Installment of the Indiana Jones Adventure.

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2007 07:47 PM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They've said it will be shot on film.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 02-07-2007 03:08 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More info from today's imdb:

Paramount on Tuesday confirmed that it will release the next Indiana Jones installment on Thursday, May 22, 2008. The studio also said that it plans a simultaneous worldwide release of the as-yet-untitled film, which will be produced by Lucasfilm Ltd., directed by Steven Spielberg, and star Harrison Ford. Frank Marshall will receive the top producer's credit, while George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy will serve as executive producers. The screenplay was written by David Koepp. The studio had previously announced that production will begin in June.

Charles Greenlee
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-08-2007 12:10 AM      Profile for Charles Greenlee   Author's Homepage   Email Charles Greenlee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wonder if Lucas will make it as wonderful as ep 1,2,and 3 were for Star Wars?

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 02-08-2007 01:33 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, it has a shot at being a good movie because Spielberg, not Lucas, is directing.

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-08-2007 01:34 AM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well he didn't write it and he's not directing it, so I don't think we need to worry about that.

Charles Greenlee
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-08-2007 02:45 AM      Profile for Charles Greenlee   Author's Homepage   Email Charles Greenlee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm waiting for the Indiana Jones Trilogy Special edition, with craptacular added scenes, and I wonder if IJ-4 will have some goofy cartoonish islander talking froglike "native" to hapahardly guide Indiana to the treasure, while single handedly disrupting the world governments. I'm sarcastic tonight, so "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

Martin Brooks
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-13-2007 08:44 PM      Profile for Martin Brooks   Author's Homepage   Email Martin Brooks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the one hand, I've always thought that everyone here was overcritical of Lucas. I didn't think Ep 1 and 3 were all that bad (except for some of the dialog and acting.)

But on the other hand, Spielberg hasn't done anything all that great lately and while I liked the 1st and 3rd films, I think Harrison Ford is too old for the role at this point, especially if he's going to play substantially younger than his age. They put this off for years because they were supposedly waiting for the "right script". I just hope it's a good one.

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-13-2007 10:56 PM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They've said that Ford will be playing his age, which is good. I think the coolest thing about that is it'll change the period of film from the 30's to the 50's.

Frank Dubrois
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-13-2007 11:11 PM      Profile for Frank Dubrois     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Martin Brooks
I didn't think Ep 1 and 3 were all that bad (except for some of the dialog and acting.)
Dialog + acting = a movie.

I didn't even care for the over-produced special effects that Ep 1,2 and 3 gave us. I am hope that the CGI work on the Indy film remains at a minimum.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-14-2007 02:23 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It'll be in the 50's this time? How boring. Nothing worthwhile happened in the 50's. Completely boring and worthless decade. Well I guess it wasn't 100% worthless. We did get "Duck and Cover" from the 50's, didn't we? That proves how smart people were back then. Surely nobody from back then can still be alive with intelligence like that. If only Indy 4 could take place in the 70's, then we could have a soundtrack by the Bee Gees!

Hillary Charles
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-14-2007 07:12 AM      Profile for Hillary Charles   Email Hillary Charles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Joe Redifer
It'll be in the 50's this time? How boring. Nothing worthwhile happened in the 50's.
How about INDIANA JONES AND THE RED MENACE?

"Commies, I hate those guys."

Make it real 1950's and film it in 3-D. [Cool]

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 02-14-2007 12:19 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hillary! ROFL!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  20  21  22 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: