Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » White House screening room

Author Topic: White House screening room
Cory Isemann
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-04-2007 01:10 AM      Profile for Cory Isemann   Author's Homepage   Email Cory Isemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I built a print of "The Painted Veil" tonight for a sneak next week. It's condition was fair. Heads and tails look kind of beat up. Just out of curiosity, I looked beneath the ETS/DFS labels, and lo and behold, guess where it shipped to play on 1/19? None other than 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. The White House!

*Now to be fair, the print went to another location after it's White House screening, so I'm not saying the Presidential Projectionist is at fault.

It got me curious. I figured the White House had a screening room. What kind of equipment do they use? How big could the room be? Wonder if it's THX certified.

Anyway, does anyone know what's there or has anyone seen the room?

|  IP: Logged

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 02-04-2007 01:51 AM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could pick up where these old threads left off - never got any posted responses to similar questions raised in them... [Smile]

White House Screening Room

White House Projectionist Comments

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 02-04-2007 01:59 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just from my arguably pedestrian observations, the White House screening room is not THX certified, much less anything very special at all. Frankly, I'd much rather take in a movie at Brad's very fine screening room in Texas, thank you very much!

Maybe that's something our government should correct. And, for good measure, hire our esteemed host to design the movie-going environment. Just a suggestion!

If Oprah can have her own THX certified screening room, shouldn't the leader of the free world have the same?

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 02-04-2007 02:14 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Please choose from the above threads, just ignore the now-disallowed political crap.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: