Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Possibly back in projection! Anyone hear of Cobb Theatres? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Possibly back in projection! Anyone hear of Cobb Theatres?
Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-12-2007 08:40 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, through a long series of events, I have lost my apt...and my previous job. I now am living with some family to get back on my feet.

I spoke with the assistant manager at the local Cobb Theatre down here and they apparently are desperate for a projectionist. The machines are Strong's with Strong platters. Shouldn't be too difficult for me to learn the thread pattern as I used strong platters at the drive in.

I am to go speak with the GM tomorrow and turn in my application then. I will be sure to keep you all posted. I am getting excited as ever since I left the booth, I have been itching to come back! It's a totally different way of life...and I like it!

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-12-2007 09:02 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cobb Theatres website

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 01-12-2007 11:00 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, make them know you *want* that job.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 01-13-2007 02:04 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man, I'll say (yes, heard of Cobb Theatres...) - never saw a company like this offering rare and actual experienced projectionist positions so much. Kinda wonder what the payscale and requirements are for such.

If I were Richard, I'd go after that 19 plex in Miami as a projectionist-being the money would be the best in that location.

But if re-location doesn't allow such a move, then, I'd get my big fat foot in the door somehow, start at the bottom and stay there and make a big go at it since they have an excellent benefit package for their employees who shows real interest in this company. (Hint...hint).

Good luck as always, Richard...and keep outta trouble and keep the nose clean as possible.

(..and for hell's sake: don't let them know anything about your 'Greco Factor" .. [Big Grin] )

-Monte

Charles Greenlee
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-13-2007 04:09 AM      Profile for Charles Greenlee   Author's Homepage   Email Charles Greenlee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cobb was supposed to open up a cinema near here. In Pooler, Ga. I think. I was, like ours, being built in a shopping center. In fact, it was to be the "Anchor" for the center. But somehow it got delayed for some time now, and I am unsure of it's status. Last I heard, the developer ran out of money, demanded more from Cobb, and Cobb was like "F-this, that's not what we agreed on" But I had also heard construction has since resumed. Who knows?

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 01-13-2007 04:57 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard: I'm sad to hear about your bad luck...losing your apartment and last job. [Frown]

I've followed your posts over the last 3+ years and I have to say you certainly have "grown-up" and matured in those years and gripped life by the balls. [beer]

I sincerely wish you good luck in all your endeavors. You are a cool guy! [thumbsup]

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 01-13-2007 09:24 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard, you have email.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-15-2007 10:26 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In regards to Mr. Greenlee's post:

The theatre that Cobb is building in (or near) Savannah, Ga has been slated for for summer 2007 opening - for at least 2 years now. So - if the theatre doesn't open this summer - then it will be considered a delay.

Richard - e-mail me about Cobb Theatres. I can help you out there. [Wink]

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-15-2007 11:08 AM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What happened to truck driving school?

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-16-2007 12:38 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike,

There have been recent events that went down that caused me to delay the truck driving for a while. I have had to move back home temporarily, and reestablish my life first.

I received your e-mail Tim, I will respond to it tonight.

If I can get in the booth immediately, which apparently I would be, I can deal with a 40hr work week there.

Vaughn Hamrick
Film Handler

- posted 01-17-2007 08:45 AM      Profile for Vaughn Hamrick   Email Vaughn Hamrick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My friend,Troy Powell worked as engineer/projectionist for Cobb for several years.Had a pretty sweet gig.Traveled up and down from central Florida to south Georgia.About 10 years ago he went up to Detroit to work union and further his education.I posted on here about him as I've lost touch with him.

Richard,I see you're from Florida,any chance you know Troy?

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 01-17-2007 12:20 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Vaughn Hamrick
engineer/projectionist
Exactly.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-18-2007 08:33 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Vaughn Hamrick
he went up to Detroit to work union and further his education
Sadly, If he is still in Detroit he has probably been laid off by now as has most of the rest of Detroit. I pity anyone that even has to drive through there [Eek!] .

Mark

Justin West
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-18-2007 01:08 PM      Profile for Justin West   Email Justin West   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Pizza Boy! We're all behind you and hope that this gig is a successful one for you! [Cool]

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2007 08:53 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys, it's been a week. I'm starting to make daily calls to the GM.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: