Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » New years eve (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: New years eve
Alan Plester
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-29-2006 12:10 PM      Profile for Alan Plester   Email Alan Plester   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so Christmas is over and now we look forward to the new year?, how are you going to celebrate it?.
Do you stay up all night ( why ) or just put your feet up and at the stroke of midnight haul yourself of to bed?.
Happy New Year to every one out there in cine land.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 12-29-2006 01:05 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
6:30 - 9:30: Work at theatre
9:30 - 10:30: Take a drive around town observing "amateur night" festivities
10:30 - 11:59: Watch TV and eat snacks at home with wife
12:00: Wake up wife (who is dozing) and wish her a "Happy New Year"
12:01: Clean up snacks, go to bed.

Pretty darn exciting. I miss the old partying days sometimes, but this way is more relaxing and satisfying, for us at least.

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-29-2006 02:38 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
New Years EVE:

6PM until 1:30AM at work. OFF on Jan 1, though.

Happy 2007, YALL!

Dieter Depypere
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-29-2006 03:19 PM      Profile for Dieter Depypere   Email Dieter Depypere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At 12:00 AM there is a big firework show at the "Woerther See". If the weather allows it, I might be there watching (and taping) it.

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-29-2006 03:41 PM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Working 4pm to 11pm in the Projection Booth. After that, who knows? Luckily, I have Jan. 1st off.

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 12-29-2006 03:46 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like every year.... chillin' at home, laying in bed. [thumbsup]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 12-29-2006 03:56 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
11:59PM: Go out on my balcony overlooking Hollywood and the L.A. basin. [thumbsup]

12:00AM: Watch all the illegal fireworks in Hollywood and the L.A. basin. [beer]

12:01AM: Go back inside to avoid being struck by any falling bullets from people shooting guns into the air to celebrate the new year in Hollywood and the L.A. basin. [Roll Eyes]

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 12-29-2006 05:08 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
11:59pm - Hide in the bushes in the Hollywood Hills.

12:00am - Use telephoto lens to photograph the elusive Coot as he emerges from his den of sin.

12:01am - If Coot saw your shadow in the bushes, there will be three more weeks of Christmas music at the mall next year.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 12-29-2006 05:34 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Adam Martin
...there will be three more weeks of Christmas music at the mall next year.
Why wait 'til Christmas next year? Starting in June, I'll put a 15kW audio system pointed at your place playing for 6 months, 24/7:

"Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" and "Jingle Bells" by the Barking Dogs... HA!

Paul Linfesty
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-29-2006 06:45 PM      Profile for Paul Linfesty   Email Paul Linfesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm cooking a vegetarian Indian dinner (from the Moosewood cookbook) for my friend, who is supplying the wine. THen we will watch part 2 of RENT (we watched part 1 XMAS Eve), and will probably watch ep. 5 of DA ALI G SHOW and ep. 12 s. 4 of 24.

Then I'm sure we'll argue/debate politics and watch EITHER a serious International movie (THe Conformist, The Damned, or maybe part 1 of 1900) OR something in bad taste (John Waters' Pink Flamingos, Female Trouble, etc).

Then close to midnight, break out a bottle of champaigne which I've had in the refrigerator for at least 10 years) and toast in the New Year!

Charles Greenlee
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-29-2006 07:25 PM      Profile for Charles Greenlee   Author's Homepage   Email Charles Greenlee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure here. I'm off New Years Eve, but have to work at 10:30a, New Years Day. I may just RSVP to that "play party" I was invited to. And me without a coin to flip.

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-29-2006 09:55 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be ushering in the New Year at the theatre. (Pun unintentional).
I'm the closing manager New Years Eve, and since We Are Marshall drops at 12:35 or later I'll be in the office and I will happen to look up and see the clock reading 12:08, then I somberly realize I have pissed away another year of my life, again, then I will go downstairs to check if the usher is actually picking up trash in the theatres or if he/she is watching movies again... [Mad]
Just another night to me.

Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-29-2006 10:31 PM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Blakesley
6:30 - 9:30: Work at theatre
9:30 - 10:30: Take a drive around town observing "amateur night" festivities
10:30 - 11:59: Watch TV and eat snacks at home with wife
12:00: Wake up wife (who is dozing) and wish her a "Happy New Year"
12:01: Clean up snacks, go to bed.

DITTO

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 12-30-2006 12:43 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Paul Linfesty
...something in bad taste (John Waters' Pink Flamingos, Female Trouble, etc).

Oh c'mon, Paul! Those are great films! I LUV 'em! MUCH BETTER than his later stuff!

My favorite is "Polyester" ...released in Scratch 'N' Sniff ODORAMA

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 12-30-2006 01:46 AM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be workin' Sunday 1pm to midnight. Will attempt to drive home just after midnight by staying a couple of blocks east of the Strip, crossing it somewhere between St. Louis and Alta, hoping to avoid the couple of hundred thousand amateur drunks that will be all over the Strip at that time. Should be fun! Will be off on Monday probably watching football all day.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: