Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » President Gerald Ford has died (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: President Gerald Ford has died
Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 12-26-2006 11:11 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Former President Gerald Ford died tonight at the age of 93. No, he did not fall down the stairs. Feel free to discuss, but no politics!

|  IP: Logged

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 12-26-2006 11:24 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Geez! That's the second passing of a very well known public figure this week (James Brown died yesterday). You know the old saying, these things happen in threes. Pretty stunning news, even with the guy being in his nineties.

I think Chevy Chase owes a lot of his own comedy career to Gerald Ford.

On a kind of self serving note, my father had the honor of interviewing Gerald Ford several years ago for research on his book Goodnight Saigon, about the end of the Vietnam War. The book covered every perspective, from US political and military leaders, our servicemen (including the Marines at the Saigon Embassy when it fell) and even the views of former NVA Army and Viet Cong commanders. I thought it was pretty cool my father got to meet and interview a former President.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 12-26-2006 11:26 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! December 2006 has been a rough month for famous people dying.

Peter Boyle
Joseph Barbera
James Brown
Gerald Ford

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 12-26-2006 11:42 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gee-whiz! And two of them in their 90s!

Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-27-2006 12:21 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I say

-

[Big Grin] [Eek!] [Wink] [beer] [Razz]

[ 12-28-2006, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Adam Martin ]

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-27-2006 12:48 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

[ 12-28-2006, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Adam Martin ]

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-27-2006 04:14 PM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From a strictly historical persepctive, Will:

-

Maybe celebrating the mans's death is a little over the top, eh?

[ 12-28-2006, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Adam Martin ]

Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-27-2006 04:32 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

[ 12-28-2006, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Adam Martin ]

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 12-27-2006 04:49 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Will
 -
quote: Adam
Feel free to discuss, but no politics!

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 12-27-2006 06:37 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Sorry, Adam!
[Razz]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 12-27-2006 07:03 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Sapeth
 - ... Apparently you have a problem reading since Adam's post
Apparently you have a problem reading the FAQ.

[ 12-28-2006, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: Adam Martin ]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 12-27-2006 07:29 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
OK! I "GET IT", but I'm soooo sick and tired of all the media blitz 24hrs a day on ALL the local TV and Cable news channels yapping about Ford and how great he was.

Ya know, I ***REALLY*** don't care whether or not he had a hangnail back in 1976. [Wink] [Razz]

Let's have some other news, PUHLEEZE! Yikes!

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-27-2006 08:53 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THANK YOU PHIL. I'm in 100% agreement. Mr. Ford was a fine gentleman, but there is no need to go on and on about this. I don't need to see every news program devoted to Mr. Ford.

Chad Souder
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-27-2006 09:13 PM      Profile for Chad Souder   Email Chad Souder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mark Lensenmayer
I don't need to see every news program devoted to Mr. Ford.
No, you don't need to see any of them, but those of us that are interested in a man that was one of 43 people to be president of this country may want to, especially those of us that were too young to be alive or remember his term. I think his life, like the life of every president, needs to be celebrated.

And I have a mere suggestion, Jim. In my opinion, using a quote from Ted Kennedy doesn't exactly strengthen an arguement.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 12-27-2006 09:55 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm no Ted Kennedy fan, but the speech that was written for him on Mr. Ford was right on. It was the right thing to do at the time.

Moderated: This paragraph was not necessarily political in the original context, but is irrelevant due to previous political comments of other users having been removed.

If you're tired of seeing every news program doing Ford features - I'd rather see stories on the life of a man who was an honorable president than the latest crap on Britney Spears' parenting skills, another racial-epithet spewing comedian or Tom and Katie's religious beliefs.

As for the ban on politics in this thread - I don't see how you can not talk about politics when discussing a president of the United States. So I've made this post as non-political as possible, hopefully.

[ 12-28-2006, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: Adam Martin ]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: