Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Peter Boyle has passed away at 71 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Peter Boyle has passed away at 71
Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 12-13-2006 01:23 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Peter Boyle passed away Tuesday evening in NYC, he was 71 years old.

• The Candidate
    Friends of Eddie Coyle
    Young Frankenstein
    Taxi Driver
    F.I.S.T.
    The Brink's Job
    Outland
    Red Heat
Just to name a few.
And Everybody Loves Raymond

|  IP: Logged

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 12-13-2006 01:44 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's pretty stunning news. Sad indeed.

Boyle recently appeared on Comedy Central's Mind of Mencia show.

Young Frankenstein was an awesome comedy. The scene where Peter Boyle (as the monster) has soup with a blind man played by Gene Hackman still makes me laugh hard to this day. The look on his face when he realizes his thumb is lit on fire (instead of the cigar tip) is priceless. The movie also features the best ever performance of Putting on the Ritz.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-13-2006 03:07 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

He was awesome as Frank Barone, one of the best episodes was of the season just released, I think 7, where they go to a funeral for a neighbor's wife, and during one of their squabbles, he yells out "I wouldn't be caught dead with Rose JOhnson", to which the entire Barone family quietly walks out one of the wake one by one. One of the best episodes... [Big Grin]

Chad Souder
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-13-2006 03:25 PM      Profile for Chad Souder   Email Chad Souder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Bobby Henderson
The movie also features the best ever performance of Putting on the Ritz.
ABSOLUTELY! Because of that scene, I can't hear that song without starting to laugh and then people ask me what I'm laughing at and I can't even tell them because I start laughing harder and I try to do an impression and that just gets me laughing harder yet especially when I get to the mumbled "Puttin' on the ritz!" part... The movie is one of my favorites and I am grateful for the entertainment Boyle provided for us.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 12-13-2006 09:29 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OMG! I'm shocked. He wasn't that old.

Wayne Keyser
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-13-2006 10:26 PM      Profile for Wayne Keyser   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Keyser       Edit/Delete Post 
He looked like hell on Mencia - that sort of "Whatever happened to him, he's not long for this world" look.

I remember him best for his X-Files episode ... makes me cry every time ... TV Guide listed that as one of thier best 100 SF broadcasts.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-13-2006 10:43 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've read some articles on CNN and some celeb sites, and none of them mention his role in Hardcore. It's probably like it's going to be when Pacino goes, no one will mention Cruising [Wink]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 12-13-2006 10:57 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh, I didn't realize he was in "Hardcore". My favorite parts of his were, of course, in "Young Frankenstein", and in "Taxi Driver".

Since I cannot stomach that over-paid asshole Romano, I never saw Boyle in "Everybody Loves Raymond"...what a POS show!

RIP Mr. Boyle. The laughs you provided, and the talent you displayed in your diversified roles will live on.

-

[ 12-14-2006, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: Phil Hill ]

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-14-2006 01:17 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil, Mr Boyle was one of the only reasons I ever stopped channel surfing on Raymond. I am sorry for his passing.

Chad Souder
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-14-2006 08:26 PM      Profile for Chad Souder   Email Chad Souder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Phil Hill
Since I cannot stomach that over-paid asshole Romano
I digress from the topic at hand, but out of curiosity, what it is about Ray Romano that in your opinion makes him an overpaid asshole? I guess I don't know much about the guy off-set.

Matt Fields
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-14-2006 10:06 PM      Profile for Matt Fields   Email Matt Fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-14-2006 11:06 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Artie Lange was talking about Boyle on Stern today, said that he and Norm McDonald were shooting on the same lot as Raymond does a while back, and Boyle offered them some "amazing weed" and they all lit up and had a party together. Said he was a great guy... who knew Frank Barone liked to party? [Big Grin] [thumbsup]

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-15-2006 12:19 AM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sad to hear that Peter Boyle passed away. He did a great job in the movie "Outland", which is one of my favorite Sci-Fi movies. May he rest in peace.

Hillary Charles
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-15-2006 01:58 PM      Profile for Hillary Charles   Email Hillary Charles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the DJ's on the oldies station said that he was John Lennon's best man when he married Yoko (on imdb it says that Lennon was Boyle's best man). Either way, with such a connection, he probably had access to all kinds of good s**t

That X-files episode with him is a classic. He played a character named Clyde Bruckman. Fans of classic comedy will recall the real Clyde Bruckman's name on numerous Three Stooges and Buster Keaton comedies, to name a few. The episode contains many other references to old movies.

His father was a tv kiddie show host in the Philadelphia area in the 1950's and 1960's.

71 isn't that old anymore. I'm beginning to think there might be a curse on actors who appear in movies with Gene Wilder.

Charles Greenlee
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-15-2006 07:26 PM      Profile for Charles Greenlee   Author's Homepage   Email Charles Greenlee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He was also the cab driver in The Shadow. I watched it the other day. Not a very funny role, but he still held it down pretty good. I did like him on Raymond, though the rest of the show did take on a Sienfeldish loserish waste of time feeling to it. His character always had something smart and funny to say, even if it wasn't smart in the intelegence sense.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: