Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Merry Xmas (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Merry Xmas
Stephen Jones
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-09-2006 06:18 PM      Profile for Stephen Jones   Email Stephen Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its that time of year again, it seems to come around quicker as we get older.Its a time to think about people in the armed forces serving oversaeas away from thier families and also its time for us to forget our differences and enjopy the festive season with our loved ones and friends.So Merry Xmas to all at Film Tech and their families and also a speacial Merry Xmas to John Pytlak and his Family have a good one John.

Merry Xmas
from Down Under [beer]

|  IP: Logged

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 12-09-2006 08:29 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Merry Christmas to you Stephen. It is nice to see some Christmas spirit on film-tech. I join with you in wishing all members a happy holiday. [beer]

I am with my friend Bill Gable in Times Square. [Big Grin]

[ 12-10-2006, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Bob Maar ]

Floyd Justin Newton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-09-2006 09:01 PM      Profile for Floyd Justin Newton   Email Floyd Justin Newton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Wink] D I T T O !

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 12-10-2006 09:32 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!

[Smile]

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2006 10:23 AM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas to all and have a safe & wonderful Christmas season.

Donna Siegwart
Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2006 11:49 AM      Profile for Donna Siegwart   Author's Homepage   Email Donna Siegwart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Happy Holidays to you all!

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-10-2006 12:20 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A very Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays(if that saying pertains to you) to all!!

Mark

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 12-10-2006 02:29 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all.
From where the Ball drops...... TIMES SQUARE [beer] [beer]

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2006 11:00 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you.

I hope you all get those impossible projector parts under your trees this year!!!

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 12-10-2006 11:49 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The word "holidays" is derived from "Holy Days" so either way you are forced to love the divine.

Charles Greenlee
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-11-2006 03:09 AM      Profile for Charles Greenlee   Author's Homepage   Email Charles Greenlee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn, I so hate to be forced to do anything, much less love anything. Thanks for ruining my annual winter "celebratory event". Someone asked for a ticket to the movie about the "reason for the season", I ask "So Santa Clause 3?" Don't worry, one of our regulars, great guy, he chuckled. [Big Grin]

Anslem Rayburn
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-11-2006 03:43 AM      Profile for Anslem Rayburn   Email Anslem Rayburn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy non-denominational winter season!

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 12-11-2006 10:04 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're not "forced to love the divine". I'll assume you mean something god-related, not finding water with a forked stick.
Now that I have children, christmas is inescapable. santa is the embodiment of the season for kids, regardless of the myth their parents have chosen to embrace - and he has a nice message of generosity.
Lets' stop the BS about "the meaning of christmas". The solstice festival has been around far longer than any of today's popular religions. The passing of the shortest day and the beginning of the return of spring and summer is the real reason for the holiday. Period. Everything else, regardless of what you call it, is opportunistic hijacking of a great pagan party.

Matt Fields
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-11-2006 10:13 AM      Profile for Matt Fields   Email Matt Fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 12-11-2006 12:22 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally I think the US ought to move the commercial aspects of Christmas to August and create a new holiday, "Gift Day." It could be the first Monday in August, so it'd be a nice fit between July 4 and Labor Day. That'd be the day everyone would put up colored lights and exchange gifts. Because it's in August, it'd be easier to shop, travel, decorate the house, and everything. It would be a Monday so everyone would always get a three day weekend.

The celebration of Christ's birth would still be on Dec. 25, but the day would be more like Thanksgiving - go to church if you choose, have a big meal, family togetherness, and all that crap. Write your congressman about this today!

quote: Dave Macaulay
Now that I have children, Christmas is inescapable.
Sure it is. Become a Jehovah's Witness. I don't think they celebrate anything, including birthdays of non-saviors, so look at all the money you'll save on gifts. [Big Grin]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: