Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » How many FILM projectionists does it take to change out a...

Author Topic: How many FILM projectionists does it take to change out a...
Don E. Nelson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-22-2006 11:33 AM      Profile for Don E. Nelson   Email Don E. Nelson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
light bulb?
Let me elaborate a bit on the question before I give the answer:

Question:
How many dedicated, expert, hardworking, knowledgeable, under appreciated, over worked and under paid, theatre projectionists/film handlers does it take to efficiently and successfully change over a burned out light bulb to a bright new one?

Answer:
Only one , ...and because they are true professionals they will honestly, gladly and enthusiastically share, on a wonderful Forum such as this, the exact Who, What, When, Where, Why, & How of the procedure with their fellow projectionist "brothers and sisters" of the trade.

People who are greatly entertained by sitting in a darkened room watching the reflected light from a piece of film intermittently projected onto a white screen, seldom realize that projectionists are not the best at what they do, ...they are the only ones who do what they do, and they do it well every day, any hour of the day with great precision, making few mistakes.

May I extend a BIG KUDOS and a tip of my hat to all these unsung film handler heroes everywhere throughout Film Land whom with out them, ...there would be no moving pictures in the dark.

P.S. Did I miss National: "Take your projectionist out to lunch week"?

Alternate answer to the question of the day.

How many projectionists does it take to change out a lightbulb?

Answer:
Only one, but they do it with great precision, patience and aplomb, because the darn bulb burns out, regular as clock work, right on cue, every 20 minutes.

|  IP: Logged

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 05-22-2006 11:53 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Q: How many Sound Engineers does it take?

A: TWO! TWO! TWO!

Justin Gorka
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-22-2006 12:09 PM      Profile for Justin Gorka   Email Justin Gorka   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How many managers? None they wouldn't have a clue!

Bruce Hansen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-22-2006 09:59 PM      Profile for Bruce Hansen   Email Bruce Hansen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How many television directors does it take to change a light bulb? It takes two, no three, NO ONE.

(As in: take two, no three, NO ONE)

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 05-22-2006 10:27 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How many classic rock radio program directors would it take to change a light bulb?

Three. One to change the bulb, and two to reminisce about the old bulb.

Dieter Depypere
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-23-2006 01:04 AM      Profile for Dieter Depypere   Email Dieter Depypere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How many Microsoft users does it take to change a light bulb?

One hundred. One changes, 99 keep clicking away error messages.

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-23-2006 02:48 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A straight forward 100 watt ES or BC bulb?

Where I work the answer is none, we aren't "competent persons" under electrical regulations.
But we can change big nasty potentially exploding Xenons up to 15kW. [Confused]
Go figure! [Roll Eyes]

Bruce Hansen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-23-2006 06:37 PM      Profile for Bruce Hansen   Email Bruce Hansen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How many software engineers does it take to change a light bulb? None, it's a hardware problem.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: