Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Rum & Coke ...NOT!

Author Topic: Rum & Coke ...NOT!
Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 05-05-2006 05:19 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
From MSNBC...

Pickled corpse tumbles out of rum barrel

Thirsty Hungarians find surprising cause for drink’s ‘special taste’

MSNBC staff and news service reports
Updated: 3:48 p.m. ET May 5, 2006

BUDAPEST, Hungary - Hungarian builders who drank their way to the bottom of a huge barrel of rum while renovating a house got a nasty surprise when a pickled corpse tumbled out of the empty barrel, a police magazine Web site reported.

According to online magazine www.zsaru.hu, workers in Szeged in the south of Hungary tried to move the barrel after they had drained it, only to find it was surprisingly heavy and were shocked when the body of a naked man fell out.

The Web site said that the body of the man had been shipped back from Jamaica 20 years ago by his wife in the barrel of rum in order to avoid the cost and paperwork of an official return.

According to the Web site, workers said the rum in the 300-liter barrel had a “special taste” so they even decanted a few bottles of the liquor to take home.

The wife has since died and the man was buried in a proper grave.

The Reuters news service was attempting to verify the truth of the tale. Similar urban legends have circulated for many, many years.

Reuters contributed to this report.

© 2006 MSNBC.com

|  IP: Logged

Nick Scott
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2006 07:12 PM      Profile for Nick Scott   Author's Homepage   Email Nick Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't you be feeling sick after that. [puke]

Edwin Schwing
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-06-2006 01:50 AM      Profile for Edwin Schwing   Email Edwin Schwing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After drinking a whole barrel of rum, I think anyone would feel sick.

Dieter Depypere
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-06-2006 02:48 AM      Profile for Dieter Depypere   Email Dieter Depypere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They never gonna drain another barrel of rum. Me neither.

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-17-2006 11:26 AM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After reading that article, I'll never have another Rum & Coke again, actually, never have Rum again. Just the thought of seeing a naked corpse is purly gross. [puke]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: