Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Bike crash in Northern MN (Page 1)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Author Topic: Bike crash in Northern MN
Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 04-26-2006 03:12 PM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought I'd post this here too. The doc says I'll be back to my old self in 3-4 months.
Big ass versions of these pictures here

-

-

-

-

Word in this town usually spreads like wildfire so I'm sure it wont be long before most of you hear about this. Heath and I were up doing 113 north of DL when i went off the road at about 50 or 60, dont really remember, and tried my hand at lanscaping with the bike. People at the scene say I took out a chunk of a tree about 6-10 inches in diameter and completely sheared off 2 smaller ones. I wound up with the wind knocked uot of me under the rear tire with my head pinned to the ground. What seemed like 10 minutes later, Heath and two fishermen showed up and lifted the bike off of me. A nice gentlemen from fargo drove by with his trailer and brought the bike back to town for us. Really nice guy. Meanwhile i was brought by ambulance to Park Rapids hospital where I was told I probably had a broken shoulder and a stable fracture of my T12 vertebre in my mid back. I am going in for surgery on my shoulder this Thursday the 27th. I want to publically thank Heath for sticking with me at the ER until my Dad showed up and Todd, who brought back the bike.

I also want to say that had it not been for my gear there was a very real chance you guys would not be reading this message.

Now for the bike, in pictures.

<See link above>
JJ

[ 04-26-2006, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Brad Miller ]

|  IP: Logged

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-26-2006 03:24 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear that. I've been pretty luck in that department. The worst I have gone down was slipping on an oil spot at a red light when it started to rain, only doing about 10mph.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-26-2006 03:44 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing against anyone who rides motorcycles, but you'd never see me on one. My severe distrust of other drivers will keep me off a motorcycle forever.

Here's to quick healing [beer] [beer]

I wish you all the luck in the world.

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 04-26-2006 03:50 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! [Eek!]

Sorry about your accident, but so happy you are on the road to recovery. Get well soon. [thumbsup]

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 04-26-2006 03:56 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bad....my brother spent two periods in the hospital in one year from separate accidents and he has back and kidney problems years after retiring his bike. All that jogging and your age probably kept you limber enough to survive this one but a cat only has nine lives [Cool]

Jeff Lacey
Film Handler

- posted 04-26-2006 04:08 PM      Profile for Jeff Lacey   Email Jeff Lacey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Josh... Hope you're feeling better soon. Good luck with everything tomorrow!

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 04-26-2006 05:10 PM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, and just because all the idiots are in the cages doesnt mean I wont ride again, but my immediate focus to riding will be more track time than street. Fortunately the only idiot I dealt with this time was the idiot aiming the bike [Embarrassed]

JJ

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-26-2006 05:37 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That sucks Josh. I hope you heal soon so you can get back inside your machines (bike & film). [thumbsup]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 04-26-2006 05:44 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you were wearing your gear to protect your "gear"... Get well soon my friend!

>>> Phil

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-26-2006 06:41 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You were going 113 mph on your bike? Or do you mean you were on the 113 (not familiar with the area). If the former, you should be lucky you're alive even! (and yes I read where you went off the road at 50 or 60).

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-26-2006 06:52 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear of the injuries. Shoulder surgery isn't any fun.

quote: Josh Jones
...all the idiots are in the cages...
Not all of them. There are plenty o' idiots on motorcycles, bicycles (don't get me started on that one), scooters, and walking around.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-26-2006 07:40 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok it's got to be said, so I'm going to say it...please stay off of the bike until you are FULLY healed. You don't want to lose control again because you tried to ride before your body was ready again.

And with that said indeed you are lucky to be alive today. It doesn't take much. Another foot in the other direction and your skull could've impacted with that tree killing you, or even paralyzing you from the neck down. That wouldn't be a very fun next 60-70 years for you. [Frown]

Take it easy on yourself and get better. [thumbsup]

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-26-2006 07:46 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Josh, pal,

Glad you got away with what you got there. Here's wishing you a quick and speedy recovery!

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 04-26-2006 08:14 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Brad Miller
...please stay off of the bike until you are FULLY healed.
Ummmmm Grand-Poopie-BAH, by looking at Josh's bike crash pics, I'd say that it's pretty much a wipe-out and he wont be riding THAT bike again! Even if the insurance company could/would repair it, it will NEVER ride the same again! Probably much hidden damage like a tweaked frame, forks, suspension, etc. Junk city!

quote: Momma Miller
And with that said indeed you are lucky to be alive today.
I agree with you, Brad. But no matter what, we ALL have to live our individual passions...whether dangerous, stupit, or whatever others think!

We ONLY get to go around here once! We MUST make the best of it and enjoy it! HA!

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-26-2006 08:46 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Papa Bear
But no matter what, we ALL have to live our individual passions...whether dangerous, stupit, or whatever others think!
I never said he shouldn't ride again. I just hope he will let himself fully heal before he gets back on the bike because that would (at least in my opinion) be putting himself at a much greater risk if he is riding again being even 10% impaired. So swivel on it, ya crazy coot! [fu] [Razz]

Knowing nothing about bikes, is that damage really unrepairable?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: