Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Tom Cruise vows to eat his new born baby's placenta (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Tom Cruise vows to eat his new born baby's placenta
Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 04-18-2006 12:54 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Link

quote:
Mission Impossible star Cruise vows to eat placenta after birth
By Patrick Mulchrone

TOM Cruise yesterday revealed his latest bizarre mission..to eat his new baby's placenta.

Cruise vowed he would tuck in straight after girlfriend Katie Holmes gives birth, saying he thought it would be "very nutritious".

The Mission Impossible star, 43, said: "I'm gonna eat the placenta. I thought that would be good. Very nutritious. I'm gonna eat the cord and the placenta right there." It is the latest in a series of increasingly strange outbursts from Cruise in the run-up to the birth.

He has claimed the baby, due any day, will be delivered in total silence.

The Top Gun star also insisted he "sensed" fianc?e Katie was pregnant before she told him.

And he has blurted out details of the couple's sex life, saying: "It's spectacular."

The actor, who recently also claimed he has the power to cure drug addicts, has even been carrying out his own medical scans on the foetus after buying himself an ultrasound machine.

Silent birth is one of the rules of the cult of Scientology, which Cruise is devoted to.

The cult - founded by the late sci-fi writer L Ron Hubbard - claims that 75 million years ago aliens came to earth and their spirits now infest our bodies.

Cruise told GQ magazine Hubbard had discovered making a noise had a "negative spiritual effect" on someone giving birth. He insisted that 27-year-old Katie would be allowed to scream, adding cryptically: "It is really about respecting the woman. It's not about her screaming.

"And scientifically it is proven. Now there are medical research papers that say when a woman's giving birth everyone should be quiet."

Cruise also revealed he and Katie have been preparing for the birth by holding classes at their Beverly Hills home.

He said: "We've been studying what a woman goes through. What happens to her body. It's just kind of becoming this fun game of learning."

Cruise said his sex life with Batman Begins star Katie had made him realise one-night stands were "horrible".

He added: "Great sex is a by-product for me of a great relationship, where you have communication. It's an extension of that. If you're not in good communication with your partner, it sucks."

Cruise, who has two adopted children with ex-wife Nicole Kidman, will not be the first star to make a meal out of his baby's placenta.

Rod Stewart and girlfriend Penny Lancaster took home their baby's placenta, sprinkled it with tee tree oil and buried it in the garden.

In 1998, Channel 4 chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall fried a placenta with shallots and garlic and served it up to 20 guests, including the baby's mum and dad.

TV watchdogs later criticised the show, branding it "disagreeable".

But placenta-eating is considered normal in some cultures. Various recipes include one for placenta lasagne. Some say eating it helps avoid post-natal depression.

[puke]

|  IP: Logged

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 04-18-2006 12:59 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From what I've heard, the concensus is this is Tom's idea of a joke.

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-18-2006 01:04 PM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is just plain gross, eating the placenta. YUK! [puke]

I really do hope that Tom cruise was joking.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-18-2006 02:06 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Long before this article came out people just figured he'd just eat the entire baby.

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-18-2006 02:07 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For some reason, the Live song "Lightning Crashes" and the phrase "10 second rule" come to mind.

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 04-18-2006 03:15 PM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
TOM Cruise yesterday revealed his latest bizarre mission..to eat his new baby's placenta.

Do you mind; I'm just in the middle of my dinner! [Frown] I hasten to add that there's no placenta on the menu.

I have heard of people doing this, but I think I'd rather they kept it to themselves.

I do eat meat, though I hate handling it when it's raw. I can't bear to touch a living animal, being able to feel things moving inside just leaves me cold. I did once attend a post-mortem, so I have seen what's inside, but anything to do with bodies, and inside of alive or dead, I prefer to keep out of sight and out of mind.

Floyd Justin Newton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-18-2006 03:36 PM      Profile for Floyd Justin Newton   Email Floyd Justin Newton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is just plain S I C K. [thumbsdown] [uhoh]

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 04-18-2006 03:48 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eating a placenta.

For me that would be mission: impossible.

"Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to engage is a gross bit of cannibalism. If you succeed in your mission, the agency will disavow any knowledge of having any affiliation with you since you would be deemed one twisted bird."

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-18-2006 03:52 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to my coworker, eating the placenta is really a tradition, in some society. He thinks it to be Germany, although it would obviously go waaaay back?

What a society we live in when these sort of headlines about a group of such important artists gets transmitted to us all! [puke]

Here's more important breaking news...
Link
quote:
Cruise plays down 'placenta plan'
Hollywood actor Tom Cruise has played down reports that he plans to eat the placenta of his new baby.
The War of the Worlds star was quoted in GQ magazine saying he thought the placenta and umbilical cord would be "very nutritious".

But in a subsequent interview with Diane Sawyer on US television, he made light of the comments.

"Yeah, we're going to do that - a whole family thing. Isn't that normal and natural? No, we're not eating it."

The 43-year-old star - currently promoting his new film Mission Impossible III - is expecting a child with his fiancee, actress Katie Holmes.

The couple, who have been engaged since June 2005, plan to marry in late summer or early autumn, according to Cruise.

The baby will be the first for Holmes, while Cruise has two adopted children from his marriage to Nicole Kidman.

He said earlier this month that their baby was due "any day now".

'Silent birth'

In his conversation with Sawyer on ABC's Primetime show, Cruise said that Catholic-born Holmes has already joined him as a follower of the Church of Scientology.

It followed comments made to GQ in which he defended the religion's doctrine that childbirth should be completed in silence

"It's really about respecting the woman," he told Sawyer. "It's not about her not screaming."

Cruise also claimed he knew Holmes, 27, was pregnant even before she told him.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/entertainment/4918012.stm

!!!

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 04-18-2006 05:44 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Bobby Henderson
Eating a placenta.

For me that would be mission: impossible.

Even with some fava beans and a nice chianti?

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 04-18-2006 06:03 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently Katie Holmes just gave birth late this afternoon...

...just in time for dinner!

So does one fry or bake a placenta?

[puke]

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-18-2006 06:38 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EATING PLACENTA brings up 111,000 hits on Google. Apparently it is common among most mammals and, in humans, might decrease post-partum depression.

Eating Placenta Google Search

All I have to say is:

EEEEEEEEEEEE-WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-18-2006 07:08 PM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hahaha, Why is it EWWWWWW when someone eats placenta, and not EWWWWWW when someone eats Veal or escargot?

(just so you know, I think eating anyone's/anythings placenta is [puke] [thumbsdown] [thumbsdown] [thumbsdown] and I'm not a vegitarian as well)

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-18-2006 07:43 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the old days before modern medecine women that were hemmoraging after child birth used to eat some of their own placenta because it is a coagulent and will help the bleeding to stop..... Animals also do the same.

As for Tom Cruse I wish someome would just shoot him so we don't have to hear about him any longer [puke] .

Mark

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 04-18-2006 07:46 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I hear Emeril Lagasse is going to do a FoodTV show from inside "THE Volcano" with guest Tom Cruise showing a scrumptious way to barbecue placenta...Texas style! He claims med-rare is the best!

Of course, there will be no soundtrack during the segment as it is customary to prepare and eat the feast in total silence... like the birth.

quote: Allison Parsons
...and not EWWWWWW when someone eats Veal or escargot?

Here ya go Allison:
Veal = EWWWWWW!
escargot = EWWWWWW!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: