Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Richard Fleischer 1916-2006

Author Topic: Richard Fleischer 1916-2006
Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 03-25-2006 07:27 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From Cartoon Brew I just finished reading Fleischer's new book, which was wonderful.

March 25, 2006
RICHARD FLEISCHER (1916-2006)
Ray Pointer just informed us that film director, Richard Fleischer, son of animation pioneer, Max Fleischer, passed away in his sleep last evening. He was 89.

Mr. Fleischer, who had just released his teling of his father's career in OUT OF THE INKWELL: MAX FLEISCHER AND THE ANIMATION REVOLUTION, in June had been in failing health for the better part of a year. He leaves behind a most impressive body of work in films including 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA, BARABBAS, FANTASTIC VOYAGE, DR. DOOLITTLE, TORA, TORA, TORA, SOYLENT GREEN, THE JAZZ SINGER (with Neal Diamond), CONAN THE DESTROYER, and RED SONJA.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: