Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Take A Look At The Audio Barn (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Take A Look At The Audio Barn
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-08-2006 03:52 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This guy seems to have a little pocket change and has invested in a nice Hi-Fi system and a few CD's and LP's to go with it...... This guy makes MOST stereo Shops look bad!
Link To Inside Photos

-

|  IP: Logged

Bruce Hansen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2006 06:43 PM      Profile for Bruce Hansen   Email Bruce Hansen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody saw this guy comeing. Note the "special" and I'm sure very expensive power cables. Just what kind of wireing does this guy think is in his walls, and all the way back to the power company? Does he realy think that short piece of cable is going to make any difference? And what about the standoffs keeping wires from laying on the WOOD floor? I would love to hear the reasoning behind those.

Does anyone know this guy's address, I'm sure that I could come up with some silly worthless empty box that I can tell him will improve his system, and sell it to him for mega-bucks.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-08-2006 07:24 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hardwood floors enhance ANY audio room! The echo and reverberation are good things. [Roll Eyes]

Bruce Hansen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2006 07:33 PM      Profile for Bruce Hansen   Email Bruce Hansen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But why does he need those standoffs keeping the wire off the floor? Wood should not have any effect on signal flow through a wire. (that was my point, I guess I was not very clear)

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-08-2006 07:44 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
What an idiot! Too funny for words. If only the guy would've used KIMBER CABLE, then he could've set up the system in an unaltered barn and not had to do any of this. [Razz]

(For the brain dead, yes I'm joking about the Kimber cable...no I am not joking about the idiot part which has already been explained above.)

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-08-2006 07:49 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Bruce Hansen
But why does he need those standoffs keeping the wire off the floor?
To keep that 700.00 a foot wire from getting sucked up in the vacuum [Big Grin] .

Joe,
Actually if you click on the link at the bottom of the photos you will see why he has the wood diffusers and wood floor. Its actually a very well designed room from an acoustial standpoint. He probably has as much $$ in the acoustical treatment as he does in his gear. I guess you've never been in a real recording studio or dubbing stage..... nor are you familiar with LEDE. [Confused] .

Brad,
Who knows... this guy could be president of BMG or something like that in which case the off the deep end system can certainly be justified.... If he saw photos of your screening room he might think the same way you do about him..... Everyone has different interests and needs.

Mark

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 03-08-2006 08:05 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Imagine: all that money & still FORCED to use silly RCA plugs. Also, the source material (discs. CD & all) was almost certainly NOT made with high=end cable. Slumming is tough! Louis

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 03-08-2006 10:47 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a mastubatory maroon. Doesn't look like much of a LEDE implementation to me either. Speakers on a hard floor surface are unacceptable in a proper LEDE room. Married 30 years? Yeah, right. A needle-dicked poser and a loser, the kind of audiophobe that gives audiophiles their deserved reputation. Somebody send him over to The Man With The Scary Eyes pushing The System That Cannot Be Named. [Big Grin]

Jason M Miller
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2006 11:00 PM      Profile for Jason M Miller   Email Jason M Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh please that doesn't stand a chance to Joe's THX System [Big Grin]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-08-2006 11:21 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's significant that he only has ONE chair in his listening room. Probably doesn't allow the wife in there. (If in fact he really has a wife.)

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-08-2006 11:26 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Paul Mayer
Speakers on a hard floor surface are unacceptable in a proper LEDE
Not that I am sticking up for this dweeb but I didn't mention that it WAS a LEDE implemantation... It is hardly that and far from it. I could just tell that Joe had never heard of it nor would he understand the use of hardwoord floors in studios by his reply. Based on the fact that all of the better studios I've ever been in generally have Teak hardwood floors I think the overall acoustics in that "Barn" would make a great recording studio but not a very good listening room.....

But in all fairness, I know people that are worth Multi- Millions that have sucky theatres but COULD have the best and still don't because they rely on those with no brains to design them.

Mark

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-09-2006 01:03 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Or they are loaded beyond belief, but spend all of their efforts worrying about how pretty the theater actually looks rather than what's behind the port window (and worse who is actually operating it!)

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-09-2006 01:40 AM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like the caption under the first picture about the lights 'muted' for 'serious' listening. I guess everytime I listen to music with the lights on, I'm not too serious about it, huh. [Roll Eyes]

Ok, so almost everyone is nicely bashing this guy, but I'd trade him my shitty TEAC turntable for his any day!

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-09-2006 01:44 AM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If only the guy would've used KIMBER CABLE, then he could've set up the system in an unaltered barn and not had to do any of this. [Razz]
No way. Kimber is too cheap to work miracles like that. This is what you use to impress the ladies...
Cardas speaker wire

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-09-2006 02:25 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
If only Penn and Teller would do a Bullshit show on suckers and their overpriced wire.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: