Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » I'm back... I guess. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: I'm back... I guess.
Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 02-14-2006 05:08 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After my nice stint of working at McDonald's as Asst. Manager I'm coming back to he theater business... with a nice cut in pay, no insurance, and more hours! YIPPEE! Anyway, I came back because I love it, so it must be worth it.

I start Friday. Yeah baby...

|  IP: Logged

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 02-14-2006 06:36 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

Which theatre? They're luck to have you.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 02-14-2006 06:47 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya know Madamn Moderator, I'm getting sick and tired of you kicking my ass at arm-wrestling! Even when we go tattoo arm to tattoo arm! HA!

I've been working out so the next time, I'm gonna kick your butt! [Razz]

Congrats Rach! [beer] [thumbsup]

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-14-2006 07:01 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Rachel!

It must be that time of year. I start back on Thursday at the local 5 plex. I have a regular 'day job' - but I can't seem to stay away from the theatre business. I will be picking up Thursday nights, and filling in a couple of other days.....

"As soon as I am out......they pull me back in......."

Martin Brooks
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-14-2006 07:35 PM      Profile for Martin Brooks   Author's Homepage   Email Martin Brooks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can we agree that it's completely absurd that someone who cares as much about the theater business as Rachel and who is also an excellent communicator with great writing skills (relatively rare these days), has to make less in the theater business than working at McDonald's?

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 02-14-2006 08:48 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you are back

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-14-2006 09:28 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Scott. They're luck to have you!

(Sorry Scott, had to be done. [Razz] )

Which theater???

Dieter Depypere
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2006 03:58 AM      Profile for Dieter Depypere   Email Dieter Depypere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats too. Actually I am also getting back into business in April. I think this was mentioned elsewhere.

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 02-15-2006 07:14 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Back Rachel where you belong. I have always enjoyed your perspectives and commentary on our common bond Theatre Exibition. [beer]

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 02-15-2006 07:36 AM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Scott Norwood
Which theatre? They're luck to have you.
Scott, you're always so worried about how you write things. You silly boy.

Fresh Pond in Cambridge, MA. It WAS a Loews but now its Entertainment Cinemas.

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2006 11:56 AM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet, Rachel! [Cool]

Leaving the convienience or food service industry for just about any job in a movie theatre will produce great, super happy feelings in oneself. Enjoy it 'til you remember how annoying people can be. [Wink]

John Eickhof
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2006 12:23 PM      Profile for John Eickhof   Author's Homepage   Email John Eickhof   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhhh the lure of the movies!! It seems that once it has touched you...it will never leave you! I am glad you are back and I know the biz never left you to begin with!! I know because it touched me 36 years ago..and it remains a part of my life today even though I have a different vocation now!!

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 02-15-2006 05:54 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John - it'll never leave you as long as you have a daughter named after about 5,000 movie theatres! [Wink]

John Eickhof
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2006 01:06 PM      Profile for John Eickhof   Author's Homepage   Email John Eickhof   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mike, That's right! Including the name of your theatre!!!

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 02-17-2006 04:02 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
..same here. Been in it for 37yrs, done other jobs on the side even with ones that had great promise and opportunity and then they flopped...and I'm still here wanting more...(lol).

When it gets into the blood, it stays there.

(and you wonder why one gets so irritated when one sees an operation run by "booth clowns" and/or "UsherBees" - just don't go to movies anymore unless it's the movie that you put together...)

-Monte

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: