Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Walking to your car (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Walking to your car
Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 02-04-2006 11:04 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you walk up to your car, do you walk the long way around it, or do you go straight for the driver's side door?

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-04-2006 11:13 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Certainly.... The longest way around..... I do a walk around and kick each tire before I take it anywhere..... There's a scheister auto repair place next door and we have to be sure that ALL of the vehicle is still there before driving off in one..... BTW: we use Film Guard on all our truck tires.... keeps em shiny new!

Mark

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-04-2006 11:17 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I usually go straight for the door, but then I usually find that I am unable to walk through the car so I'm basically fucked at that point.

Jeremy Jorgenson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-04-2006 11:20 PM      Profile for Jeremy Jorgenson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeremy Jorgenson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeez, since reading this thread, now every time I walk to my car, I think of film-tech ... grr [Mad]

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 02-04-2006 11:27 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What car?

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-05-2006 03:33 AM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Straight for the door.
I never know what's going on with my passenger side. I could probably go days or weeks without noticing a dent or whatever on that side...heh.
That's not something to be proud of is it?

Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-05-2006 04:15 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
depends on the situation , in the drive in cinema days particulaturly after screening a horror show i would have the car running and door open outside the bio box ready for a fast getaway, too bad if it had a flat , they drive ok on the rim!

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-05-2006 09:00 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Straight for the door, I don't fuck around when it comes to me and my comfy car seat and radio playing my Frank Sinatra and Louis Prima...drives the ladys mad I'm told...just not sure if its with lust or hate!? [Eek!]

Dieter Depypere
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-05-2006 09:54 AM      Profile for Dieter Depypere   Email Dieter Depypere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Straight to the door. Except at the gas station.

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 02-05-2006 10:35 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First I check the "Rumble Seat" then straight for the door.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 02-05-2006 12:02 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Confused] I'm not sure I understand the question. Depends on from which side of the road I approach the car?

Jon Miller
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-05-2006 12:38 PM      Profile for Jon Miller   Email Jon Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But, Tim, isn't your "car" a Freightliner?

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 02-05-2006 01:24 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use the keyless remote to unlock the door while I'm still a good distance away. This turns on the inerior dome light so that I can see inside the car before I try to get in.

Then, while still far enough away from the car, I bend down to look underneath the car to see if there's anybody underneat or crouching down on the other side.

If I have any doubts about the situation I'll press the panic button and blow the car horn.

Then, when I'm satisfied, I'll walk the shortest path to the driver's side door, get in, start the engine and drive away as soon as I'm satisfied that the engine is running.

Finally, I take a lap around the parking lot before heading out to make sure that there's nobody trying to follow me.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 02-05-2006 01:34 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where I park at work, I can see both sides of the vehicle when I begin the approach when leaving the theatre, thus I can see all four tires (in case if one has gone flat..or slashed since we have a bit of gang/breakin problems there) and I park underneath the parking lot light which I can be easily seen, plus the security camera is shooting in that general direction and is noticable on the security monitor.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-05-2006 02:47 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Monte L Fullmer
plus the security camera is shooting in that general direction and is noticable on the security monitor.

I would have to assmume that Bob is monitoring your car off site via his laptop er somthing like that...... Don't get caught chang'n that flat on his time.... [Roll Eyes] .

Just HAD to add that one Monte.....
Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: