Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Tip for those visiting Melbourne (Australia)

Author Topic: Tip for those visiting Melbourne (Australia)
Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-28-2006 03:54 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all

I have a tip for those visiting my fair city of Melbourne Australia. Basically it concerns a good restaurant deal which I stumbled across today and which is worth knowing about.

Before I go any further let me say that (1) I am not in any way associated with this restaurant so I'm not spruiking for them and (2) I read the Film-Tech rules and saw nothing in them that prohibited me about telling you about this.

Anyway here we go. Up near Warrandyte which is a scenic suburb north east of Melbourne, and a former gold mining town with some interesting historical structures, there is a restaurant called Alfreds Homestead. I have been there once and found it quite pleasant. If you were going to Warrandyte to look at the old gold mining shafts and buildings you could have a pleasant lunch at the restaurant.

Anyway this restaurant actions off vouchers on Ebay that you can use to pay for meals. For example tonight I purchased an $A55 voucher for $A26 ($US20). The voucher is valid for 2 adults and 1 child up to $A55. It's not a 2 for 1 deal or anything like that - basically the vouchers are as good as cash for payment of meals.

There are lots of auctions for this restaurant (in multiple langauges too) so there is a good chance of getting a voucher at a really cheap price. My birthday is soon and I will be taking my in-laws there for dinner.

Here is the Ebay link to their store

http://stores.ebay.com/Alfreds-Homestead-Vouchers

The vouchers would suit any film-techers visiting Melbourne who wanted to go out for a nice meal.

Here is their website

http://www.alfreds-homestead.com.au/

cheers Peter

|  IP: Logged

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 02-01-2006 07:04 PM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like a very nice place. A little too far from Va. to go for dinner though. If somebody will front me the round trip plane tickets I'll have dinner there at my own expense and write a review.

Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-02-2006 02:30 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: