Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Happy New Year 2006 -- And 7th. Anniversary to Film-Tech (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Happy New Year 2006 -- And 7th. Anniversary to Film-Tech
Joseph Pandolfi
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2005 11:19 PM      Profile for Joseph Pandolfi   Email Joseph Pandolfi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I am the first one to post and wish Brad on a Happy New Year and 7th. Anniversary to Film-Tech.

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 01-01-2006 12:50 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy New Year to one and all

Kenneth Wuepper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-01-2006 06:46 PM      Profile for Kenneth Wuepper   Email Kenneth Wuepper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy New Year to everyone on here and those who are "listeners".

Thanks to Brad, this is a wonderful place for the sharing of knowledge, friendship and the promotion of high quality cinema presentations.

I was fortunate to meet Brad this Spring when he came to town and photographed a few of our theatres. Sorry we couldn't spend much time but we did have the good fortune to examine the Temple and Court theatres together.

Here's to a very pleasant and profitable New Year

KEN

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-01-2006 08:49 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad,

Congratulations on the 7 year mark! Its been a fun and educational time here and hopefully it'll go for a long long time down into the future. What will you call this site when all goes digital since the name Film-Tech won't apply any more?

See ya in Utah soon [Big Grin]

Mark

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-01-2006 11:22 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Digi-Crap is the preferred replacement name. [Razz]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-01-2006 11:24 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the digi-crap age, they'll still call movies "films" the same way CDs are properly referred to as "albums" by those in the know.

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-01-2006 11:38 PM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes a happy new year to all.
Though I started my new year closing the theater and checking into a hotel as my car stranded me out of town last night [Wink]
Hooray for 2k6 and Film-Tech. Film-Tech the one place where everybody knows your name and you'll never face ridicule for putting on a good show.

On the subject of films I think the best compliment I'll ever get came a while back...I was carrying a movie up to the booth from our partners across town and a guy walking down the hallway says to me "Wow, they still use film?" to which I replied "absolutely, sir!" he said "amazing, I thought it had all gone to DVDs!"
...That means our presentation is so good he thought he was watching a DIGITAL show, you know, since digital is supperior and all...
Hooray! Let's get more of those in '06!

Mathew Molloy
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-02-2006 04:32 AM      Profile for Mathew Molloy   Email Mathew Molloy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not so fast there, Dominic! Several months back we ran the crappiest of crap prints (thanks Criterion) of The Grapes Of Wrath. Missing footage, lines, splices galore and of course arc burn. My jaw was dropped by a man who I spoke with after the show. I mentioned how it was embarassing to be running such a terrible print and he said something like, "You still show film? I thought theatres just ran dvd's now." Maybe he thought there was dust and cracks on the dvd...who knows.

Oh, and Happy New Year and a very Happy Anniversary, Film-Tech.com!

Dieter Depypere
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-02-2006 04:48 AM      Profile for Dieter Depypere   Email Dieter Depypere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also from my side a happy new year. Keep smart [Wink]

Nick Scott
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-02-2006 06:13 AM      Profile for Nick Scott   Author's Homepage   Email Nick Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy New year from Australia.
Brad we are very greatful for this site i no its helped me out of a jam. [Cool]
Congratulations on 7 years [beer]

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 01-02-2006 08:27 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy New Year to all and Congrats to Brad.

http://wandascountryhome.com/newyear/cheers.html

Thomas Dieter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-02-2006 08:02 PM      Profile for Thomas Dieter   Email Thomas Dieter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy New Year to all. I know it's late, but better late than never.

Congrats Brad on the site being up for 7 years now. That's just a little shy of my time in the theatres. I started in theatres in September of 98.

Gilbert Travin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-03-2006 02:39 AM      Profile for Gilbert Travin   Author's Homepage   Email Gilbert Travin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy new year to all .... and happy birthday to the Cinematographe (110 years : december 28, 1895 = first public performance in Paris by the Lumiere brothers and their father !!!) [thumbsup]

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 01-03-2006 11:31 AM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I get a chuckle out of schools that offer "film making" classes in which all of the hands-on work is done in Digi-Crap®. [Roll Eyes]

Yes, Happy New Year to you all and congratulations to Brad for seven years of Film-Tech! [thumbsup]

Akemashite omedetou gozaimasu! [beer]

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 01-03-2006 01:44 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy new year, and a happy 110th birthday coming up for public film shows in England. The Lumière programme shown on 28 December 1895 was screened by Birt Acres on 10 January 1896, plus a few of Acres' own films (we know for sure that this show included a film of the 1895 Derby), in London.

Congrats to Brad on 7 years of F-T.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: