Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Hope the School Semester Ended Well With Great Grades!

Author Topic: Hope the School Semester Ended Well With Great Grades!
Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-17-2005 03:47 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope all the FT members attending college had a great semester...I did! All "A's" and one "B"! LOTS OF HARD WORK!

Hope next semester is a success!

K

|  IP: Logged

John Lasher
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-17-2005 09:27 PM      Profile for John Lasher   Author's Homepage   Email John Lasher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The most important thing I learned this semester is that I can't take a telecourse.

Did very well in English, cited widescreenmuseum.com in a paper.

Dieter Depypere
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-18-2005 05:07 AM      Profile for Dieter Depypere   Email Dieter Depypere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The biggest problem will be math - I am still waiting for the result. Hope it will be at least a "C".

Jeremy Jorgenson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-30-2005 09:11 PM      Profile for Jeremy Jorgenson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeremy Jorgenson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spasibo & dziekuje. (thanks & thanks)

It has ... I got an A in both classes that I took. (Russian 101 & Polish 101)

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 12-30-2005 10:18 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Straight A's here. Philosphy 210, Communications 230, IT 205

It was hard, and I will take advantage of this break.

I actually had a nervous breakdown trying to get my comm thesis finished and turned in on time.

Ciao [beer]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-30-2005 10:23 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha, Thats too much like work...... You guys enjoy.... I'm goin snow shoein tommrrow [thumbsup] .

Mark

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 12-31-2005 09:44 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, I am sure glad I am OLD. Thanks for the memories!! Louis

Cody Martin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2005 12:58 PM      Profile for Cody Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Cody Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
did pretty well here...a's and b's.

Calc, C++ 1, Intro to Computing, and English

4 more days of my break..blah, but the good news is over break I had a chance to get the projector going with the platte..woohoo [thumbsup]

Hope everyone else did well.

Cody

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 12-31-2005 12:59 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I failed recess! [Frown]

(I'm with you Louis, glad to be out of there!)

Christian Volpi
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2005 02:24 PM      Profile for Christian Volpi   Author's Homepage   Email Christian Volpi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One B and the rest were A's!!

Aaron Mehocic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2005 07:02 PM      Profile for Aaron Mehocic   Email Aaron Mehocic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had 32 A's. But then again I taught over 80 students. [Big Grin]

Joshua Waaland
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-01-2006 08:17 AM      Profile for Joshua Waaland   Email Joshua Waaland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to all you guys that finished well! [thumbsup]

I didn't do as hot this semester. I got 3 B's and a C. Calc 2 was the C. I totally geeked out on the final and only had time to answer about half of the questions.

I have been on the dean's list every semester since I started except this one. I didn't work as hard because I was so burned out. I haven't had a break this year since I took back-to-back summer semesters and only had three weekends all year without homework. Everytime I needed to do homework, it was like having a root canal. I just couldn't motivate myself towards the end of the year anymore. [sleep] So glad it is done.

I took the sales position that I was asking advice for in another thread a while back. I am so pumped to not have any classes for a while. I need to get settled into my new job before I try adding school again. Plus I need the break! [Smile] I already have a trip planned for the second week of January to go to Louisiana and Texas for demos.

Does anyone know of a reputable school that offers online degrees in Mechanical Engineering? I haven't found any yet and would like to continue my education while still working starting next fall. I figure between all the airplane rides and hotel stays, I will have plenty of time for homework.

Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-01-2006 11:55 AM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well,

I'm glad everyone fared well.

Josh...fix them grades! [Mad]
But Josh, not sure of any online BS in Mechanical Engineering degree. Best to keep with an ABET accredited program. Also look into becomming a student member of SME..and look into taking the SME Certification exams upon graduation.

I have a couple of difficult classes this semester..but I'll do what I can tounderstand the material and pull off "A's". Unfortunately, these two classes are degree requirements, but I'll rarely use the information in the workplace. Anyhow, after this semester, the rest of my classes will be the "gravy train"...stuff that I enjoy and will need on the job. All goes well this semester and I think I'll definately graduate with Honors.

Cheers

K

Joshua Waaland
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-01-2006 08:37 PM      Profile for Joshua Waaland   Email Joshua Waaland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can't take classes if I'm not in town. Most professors I have had so far make attendance part of the grade. I will be traveling weekly and the chances of me being in town for classes are slim to none. I knew this going in though and am hoping that someone will offer a online program somewhere along the line. Plenty of master's courses for ME majors online but no BS degrees that I have found yet.

Congrats Will on your grades! [thumbsup]

[ 01-02-2006, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: Joshua Waaland ]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-01-2006 08:45 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Joshua Waaland
Plenty of master's courses for ME majors online but no BS degrees
Hey I've got a degree in BS and I had to do ALOT of traveling around to get it. Anyone need any assistance getting BS just e-mail me. [Big Grin]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: