Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Kiss in 65mm?

Author Topic: Kiss in 65mm?
Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-16-2005 07:11 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A while back on this board I read that there was supposedly a new film featuring Kiss being shot in 65mm and scheduled for theatrical release. Are there any updates on this, I haven't found anything.

|  IP: Logged

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 12-16-2005 07:19 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Back in the late 90's I was involved with and we shot a KISS concert live in 865 for release in 870 & 1570.

We filmed it and all went well until there was a bitch-fight between the film producer's side and the KISS (music) producer's side as to who should have the final word about the film cutting. They could not agree on the overall "look" of the film.

I think the project died at that time cuz of the in-fighting.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 12-16-2005 08:05 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be about right if the concert film winds up just going straight to DVD.
[Razz]

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-16-2005 10:07 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a bummer, would have been very cool to see at Imax. They are releasing a concert dvd soon, that was shot in hi-def.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 12-17-2005 02:57 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gene Simmons mentioned he was an avid film collector, during an interview I saw on the Tom Snyder show back in the 70s. It was still back when KISS wouldn't allow themselves to be seen out of stage makeup, so this was way before home video. He didn't say whether he collected 16mm or 35mm, but I do recall he was very well versed in theatrical cartoons.

That revelation changed my opinion of him entirely.

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-20-2005 01:30 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
another music film in 65mm

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: