Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Falling down the stairs... OUCH!!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Falling down the stairs... OUCH!!!
Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 12-06-2005 10:58 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So here I was at home recovering from jaw surgery, and I took a classic hollywood tumble down the stairs. [Eek!]

The only thing that didn't get hit during the fall was my face. I had that covered by my arms, which by the way were banged up pretty well. [Mad]

I am a bit of a clutz to say the least. Just a hint... Never let me in your booth! [evil]

Ciao

|  IP: Logged

Dieter Depypere
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-06-2005 11:51 AM      Profile for Dieter Depypere   Email Dieter Depypere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ouch, i won't let u in my booth, the stairs up there are quite dangerous.

watch out!

Floyd Justin Newton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-06-2005 12:59 PM      Profile for Floyd Justin Newton   Email Floyd Justin Newton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Dave--

Learn to desend the stairs with "GRACE".

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-06-2005 01:21 PM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, I can't tell you how many times I've hurt my wrist or something catching myself falling down the stairs...

Now if you want to feel like a real genius...Try falling UP stairs. I've done it three times.

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 12-06-2005 02:39 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave,

How long does it usually take to recover from jaw surgery?

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-06-2005 11:27 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn Dave..

When are you NOT recovering from something... You are the poster child for accidents anonymous...

Hope you heal properly.

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-06-2005 11:35 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, my booths are on the same level as their auditoria... So if you could manage to get yourself to a handicapped seat, you'd make it to the booth, if not faster [Smile]

Here's to the hope for your lack of scars [Smile]

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-07-2005 01:39 AM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave,

Didn't you get in a car wreck a few months ago as well?! or was that someone else [Confused]

You need to fashion a suit made out of pillows. [Big Grin]

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 12-07-2005 12:11 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, that was me last December, getting into a car wreck. The car I was in was hit from behind, I was sitting sideways talking to the driver, and while in my seatbelt, I was tossed around like a rag doll.

That took about five months to completely recover from.

As for the jaw surgery (which is estimated to be a result from the car accident), there were a series of teeth that exploded below the gum line and into the jaw bone itself, requiring the breaking of my jaw bone to recover the pieces, there is still some reconstruction work that has to be done, however that will not be for at least a year while we get this part perfect first.

I am at the tail end of three weeks on this one, and the next surgery will be later this year to smooth out two spots on the jaw bone that did not heal the way that it was expected to.

The jaw feels great, to a point, I can chew food on one side of my mouth, and it has to be soft food only. Talking is wierd because my tounge keeps slipping through the hole where my teeth used to be, so I am trying to get used to normal speech.

As for the tumble, I separated my right shoulder, sprained my right hip, right wrist, and left ankle, and several abbrasions and deep bruises. Somehow I managed to NOT break anything, other than my pride, which I thought I had lost last year in the car accident when the ambulence drivers nearly lost me out of the back of the ambulence (nothing like hearing "grab him grab him grab him!!!).

In all I have broken nearly two dozen bones in my life so far, but none in a while. I have tried to avoid doing too many things that will kill me. I am older ya know! [Eek!]

Doing well though. I am just a clutz, always in the wrong place at the wrong time, or doing the wrong things at the wrong time. My mother says I should have been dead a long time ago, especially that time when I was nine months old and managed to push open the screen door and tumble down the concrete flight of stairs (we lived in the UPSTAIRS apartment) and cracking my head open, yet still surviving...

She says that either I have a guardian angel, or just the damnest luckiest dumbest person that ever lived.

I think I will go with the latter on that one. [beer]

Ciao

Ciao

Floyd Justin Newton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-07-2005 12:41 PM      Profile for Floyd Justin Newton   Email Floyd Justin Newton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good boy, Dave..... [beer]

Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-07-2005 02:41 PM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you get better... I hate to say it, but just remember that these things come in threes.

Speaking of falling up stairs, I do that all the time! Never fall down stairs though, ever.

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-07-2005 05:30 PM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave
You're not supposed to do that

My friend and wife wre driving down to Bend Or. She was turned around in her seatbelt getting stuff from the backseat. They came around a curve and there was a cow in the road. He slammed on his breaks and missed the cow but the guy behind him rear ended him and broke her back in 3 places. It totaled the BMW they were driving. They are lucky to have survived and so are you

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-07-2005 05:47 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greg, Glad your wife is ok [thumbsup] . So much for me ever wanting to biy a BMW now....

Dave,
Now its time for those brews [beer] [beer]

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-07-2005 06:12 PM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I should have said "friends wife" (not mine). I think that if it were not for the solidness of the BMW they would have croaked.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 12-07-2005 07:12 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have fallen up the stairs too. The last time I can remember falling up stairs I was going up the stairs to bed. I had just put on my jammies and had only socks on my feet.

I was able to make a 90% recovery, only ending up on my hands and knees, half way up the staris. But, in the act of trying to catch my balance I smashed my big toe into the stair tread. I cleaned up the blood, pulled out the splinters and bandaged up my big toe. A couple of days later I discovered that the entire toenail had turned black! [puke]

I had to go to the doctor to have the toenail surgically removed. My toe was a bloody mess for days. I had to take Tylenol #3 w/ Codeine for about a week.

It's been several years since that accident but my toenail STILL isn't completely back to normal. [Eek!]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: