Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » An alternative corporate email disclaimer

Author Topic: An alternative corporate email disclaimer
Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 11-14-2005 06:47 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Received in the footer of a message today:

quote:
IMPORTANT - ANTI-DISCLAIMER: This email is not and cannot, by its nature, be considered confidential. En route from me to you, it will pass across the public Internet, easily readable by any number of system administrators along the way. If you have received this message by mistake, it would be ridiculous for me to tell you not to read it or copy it to anyone else. Because, let's face it, if this message reveals the fact that I like shagging goats, or proposes to bury bad news,* or anything else that could embarrass me intensely, that's exactly what you'll do. Who the hell wouldn't? Likewise, it is superfluous for me to claim copyright in the contents, because I own that anyway, even if you print out and/or disseminate this message all over the known universe. I don't know why so many corporate IT managers feel the need to attach a disclaimer to the bottom of every email message saying otherwise. If you don't know either, why not email your corporate lawyers and system administrators and ask them why they insist on contributing so much to the needless waste of bandwidth?
* 'Burying bad news' - a reference to this incident.

Well, it raised a giggle here, anyway.

|  IP: Logged

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 11-14-2005 08:20 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Leo, I agree with your "Giggle" and am smiling as I post here.

The disclaimer is wonderful and right on.

Can you imagine all the thousands of faxes that have been sent with the "for receiver's eyes only" statement. They usually are posted on the Company bulliten board. [Eek!]

David Buckley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-14-2005 12:52 PM      Profile for David Buckley   Author's Homepage   Email David Buckley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well blow me down [Smile]

I believe that was written by a cixen (or maybe former cixen) Wendy M. Grossman many years ago, and I've been using it on and off for several years. Maybe it's finally getting about :-)

Excellent!

Mind you, this has been mentioned before on film-tech [Eek!]

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 11-14-2005 04:26 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I know, the person who sent me the email does not read F-T. If he does, he's a lurker (just possible, given that he's a London-based researcher for a TV production company).

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: