Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » WWE wrestler Eddie Guerrero passes away

Author Topic: WWE wrestler Eddie Guerrero passes away
Sam Johnson II
Film Handler

- posted 11-13-2005 06:09 PM      Profile for Sam Johnson II   Email Sam Johnson II   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yahoo - 'WWE Smackdown!' Superstar Guerrero Dies

MINNEAPOLIS - Eduardo Gory Guerrero, a World Wrestling Entertainment superstar was found dead in his hotel room Sunday in Minneapolis, where he was scheduled to appear that evening in a WWE Supershow. He was 38.

When he didn't respond to a wake-up call, hotel security at Minneapolis Marriott City Center and Guerrero's nephew and fellow WWE wrestler, Chavo Guerrero, forced their way into the room, police said.

There were no apparent signs of foul play or suicide, police said. An autopsy was planned at the Hennepin County medical examiner's office.

He was a featured star on the UPN series "WWE Smackdown!" and son of Mexican wrestler Gory Guerrero.

Chavo Guerrero and McMahon said Guerrero was open about his past drug and alcohol abuse but they said he'd been sober for four years.

In February 2004, Guerrero became the second wrestler of Hispanic heritage to be WWE champion when he defeated Brock Lesnar, a former University of Minnesota wrestling standout. Guerrero lost the title four months later.

In May 2004, UPN aired the special "Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story." The one-hour program chronicled his childhood and his struggle with drug addiction that almost cost him his job, family and life before his recovery and eventual capture of the WWE championship.

|  IP: Logged

Matt Barth
Film Handler

- posted 11-13-2005 11:04 PM      Profile for Matt Barth   Email Matt Barth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How sad, he was a up-and-coming legend and this is awful!

---Matt

Jason Winn
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-26-2006 08:34 PM      Profile for Jason Winn   Email Jason Winn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Everyone! I just registered at Film-Tech a couple months ago. I was going back and reading a lot of older topics from the past several months and I stumbled upon this thread which caught my attention. Since I'm a big wrestling fan myself and since Eddie Guerrero is about to be inducted into the 2006 WWE Hall of Fame, I figured I'd dig this out of the archives and comment on it.

Nov. 13, 2005 was one of the saddest days in the history of professional wrestling. Eddie Guerrero was truly a legend before his time. He came from the famous Guerrero wrestling family from El Paso, TX. Wrestling was in his blood. It's what he loved doing. It's what he was passionate about. Eddie loved this business. In return, the fans loved him back. He's one of the most talented and gifted wrestlers in the world. He's wrestled in WWE/WWF, WCW, ECW, ROH, and he's even wrestled in Mexico and Japan.

It's common knowledge that Eddie Guerrero was a drug addict. In 2001, his drug addiction went out of control. He ended up getting fired from WWE (then known as WWF). His wife took their kids and left him. He lost his job, his family, his money, everything. Then, he went to rehab and got sober. He got his job and his family back. He came back better than ever and eventually won the WWE Championship by defeating Brock Lesnar. He went on to successfully defend the WWE Championship against Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania XX. I will never forget the emotional ending to Wrestlemania XX. Eddie's long-time friend, Chris Benoit, made Triple H tap out to win the World Heavyweight Championship for the fist time after an 18-year career. After the match, Eddie Guerrero ran out to the ring with his WWE Championship and congratulated Benoit. Both men have accomplished their dreams together after all the hard work and sacrifice. It was the ultimate Cinderella story. Both men were in tears as they celebrated in the ring. Confetti fell from the rafters and pyro erupted throughout the arena. It was definitely a memorable moment.

Eddie Guerrero was always loved and respected by the fans. In 2005, they even turned Eddie into a heel. In wrestling terms, a "heel" is a bad guy. Eddie did a great job playing a heel, but the fans still cheered for him. Eddie was playing the role of "sick Uncle Eddie." The more sinister and evil Eddie acted, the more the fans loved him. I saw Eddie Guerrero live at a WWE Raw event in Dallas last October, right before he died. He got one of the biggest pops of the night, and he was supposed to be a heel. It doesn't matter if he's a good guy or a bad guy; the fans will always love him. He'll be missed by millions of people.

Eddie Guerrero was arguably one of the WWE's top draws in 2004 and 2005. He was such a great wrestler, he could make anyone look good. He could wrestle a broomstick and still put on a 5-star match. That's how great Eddie is. He was still at the top of his game and still in his prime. He was taken away from us way too early.

I'm glad Eddie Guerrero is being inducted into the 2006 WWE Hall of Fame this Saturday, April 1, 2006. He truly deserves this honor. His nephew, Chavo Guerrero and two of his best friends, Chris Benoit and Rey Mysterio, are going to induct Eddie Guerrero into the hall of fame. That's gonna be an emotional induction ceremony to say the least. R.I.P. Eddie!

EDDIE GUERRERO
1967-2005
VIVA LA RAZA

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: