Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » questions:Kodak's Riverwood facility for sale

Author Topic: questions:Kodak's Riverwood facility for sale
Matthew Bailey
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-04-2005 10:05 PM      Profile for Matthew Bailey   Email Matthew Bailey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just read a subect in the forums of http://www.infiltration.org
about Kodak's Riverwood facility being for sale in Forums/ Regional UE/Northeast. One of the forum members was there & took photos of the building exteriors but is wondering what is inside the buildings. If Mr. Pytlak has visited there,he can probably give details of what's inside thr buildings.

|  IP: Logged

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 11-05-2005 07:00 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the buildings was mostly open office space with movable cubicles. Another was mostly seminar and training rooms, including two large auditoria. The third was mostly lab space for hands-on training. They were connected by an underground tunnel to a fourth building that has a large dining hall that overlooks the Genesee River. The complex was built in the early 1970's.

I've taken quite a few courses there. It was a beautiful training facility, but inconvenient because it was about a 15 mile drive from other Kodak facilities to the north.

They built a new building (Building 20) at Kodak Office in downtown Rochester that has many classrooms for training. Much routine training is now done using on-line courses, so you never have to leave your desk, and can proceed at your own pace.

Actually, Kodak Office is in a very nice location, with the Genesee River "High Falls" a short walk away, and the minor league baseball stadium "Frontier Field" right next door. A new soccer stadium adjacent to Kodak Office will open next year.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 11-05-2005 08:37 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
LIES! Kodak operated its Alien Technology division out of the Riverwood facility. It's where the formula for VISION color print film was first decoded. They had the US Air Force come in and "clean" the buildings, so there's nothing left now.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-05-2005 11:19 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Careful what you say here Adam. Don't forget about those papers we signed regarding Kodak, Area 51 and all those cows.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 11-06-2005 12:07 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What parts of the cow are used to make motion picture film?

Probably not the same parts used in Bar-S beef franks.

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 11-06-2005 04:36 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The bones.

Eastman Gelatine Corporation

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 11-06-2005 09:50 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow.

Clear gooey gelatin made from cow bones! Martians were indeed involved!

I offer a motion for Kodak to build a new facility in Roswell, New Mexico. Only seems fitting.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: