Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » This weird dream I had. What does it mean?

Author Topic: This weird dream I had. What does it mean?
Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 10-13-2005 10:54 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was me, my wife and my older son. We were walking with a big group of people, I’d say about 40 to 50 people. We were following a preacher around a small town or something. He was preaching, but I’m not sure what about. Then all of a sudden his voice changes. He starts talking like he’s possessed. The voice was similar to the one from Emily Rose. People were wondering what was going on, but we were still following. Then he said something, and ended the line with “and the children wept”. As soon as he said that, some little girl next to me started crying uncontrollably. They couldn’t get her to stop. Then he said something else, and my son freaked out. He was trying to get away, and me and my wife couldn’t calm him down. I gave him to her and ran closer to the preacher trying to get his attention. I was able to get him to hear me say, hey, what the hell is wrong with you, or something lame like that.. He stopped, turned around, walked to me, and we were face to face. The last thing I saw before I woke up was his eyes. I woke up pretty damn scared. I didn’t know what that meant at all. It sounds made up, but that’s how it went. Weird huh? It probably means nothing, but I cant help but think it means that I'm gonna somehow save all of humanity one day, and you will all dedicate a thread to me right here on Film-Tech. [Wink] Just kidding about that last part.

|  IP: Logged

Floyd Justin Newton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-13-2005 11:09 AM      Profile for Floyd Justin Newton   Email Floyd Justin Newton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeremy--

You answered your own queston... "It probably means nothing".
Dreams aren't anything to be concerned about... just an over-active brain, or, something you ate! [sleep]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-13-2005 12:34 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the preacher is obviously Joe Redifer. [Eek!]

Dieter Depypere
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-13-2005 01:19 PM      Profile for Dieter Depypere   Email Dieter Depypere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I know our brain let us dream to deal with daily "issues". Nothing much to be worried about. But I remember reading a thread "dream interpretations" in bob maar's joke-a-thon. But if that is true.... er... you know what I mean [Wink]

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 10-13-2005 02:45 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It means you've been watching too much TV.

All the rotten programming and bad news are starting to take their toll on your mind. There's too much war. Too many disasters. Too many people on TV talking about things that are upsetting to kids.

People blindly "follow" the faces on the TV. (Channel surf.)
Images on TV "preach" some message but you aren't always sure what.
You can't "get away" from television because, no matter where you go, it's always there.
The children are "weeping" because you are afraid that what your kids see on TV is upsetting their emotions.
The face on the "preacher" was horrible looking because no matter where you look on TV there are horrible images.

Like Dieter said, your brain processes things you see during the day while you sleep. Sometimes the messages you receive from your sleeping brain don't make sense.

My advice is to turn off the TV and read a good book.
Or, better yet! Read a good book to your kids! [Smile]

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 10-14-2005 10:12 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the replies guys. Nice interpretation Randy! I think Mike nailed it though. Joe was the preacher. That bastard.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-14-2005 10:39 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My dreams always conclude and I wake up 5 or 10 minutes before the alarm goes off, even when the alarm time differs by hours each day and when I only get an hour or two of sleep before I have to get up.

Explain. Now.

Andy Summers
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2005 10:51 AM      Profile for Andy Summers         Edit/Delete Post 
Please return your seats to there upward and locked positions…..we have now lost cabin pressure….

Are you sure this isn’t a test Mr Durden…!?
[Big Grin]

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 10-14-2005 11:40 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Randy: after 9-11, a teenager who lived with us switched over to the Cartoon Network exclusively. Four days later, We (adults) joined her there for a couple of weeks. Louis

Dieter Depypere
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2005 11:41 AM      Profile for Dieter Depypere   Email Dieter Depypere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One interesting fact I want to tell:

If you can remember your dream (like Jeremy did), it is very likely you woke up directly after the dream. If you wake up later, you won't remember what your dream was about.

Ever noticed?

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-14-2005 12:35 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe - sounds like there is someone stalking you. They are watching you set your alarm, then sneaking into your house and touching all your stuff, and they leave just a few minutes before your alarm goes off. You should move, dude.

Joseph L. Kleiman
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2005 12:53 PM      Profile for Joseph L. Kleiman   Email Joseph L. Kleiman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeremy, 2 words: Poltergeist Two.

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 10-14-2005 01:16 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeremy,I have posted on the "Joke Forum" a dream interpretation thread.It's all alphabetized so you can look up and give us the true meaning of your dreams.

You will probably find out the You were the preacher, and it will become a recurring dream.

Adam Wilbert
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2005 03:03 PM      Profile for Adam Wilbert   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Wilbert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also almost always wake up 2-3 minutes before my alarm goes off. I've tried telling myself what time I wanted to get up without setting the alarm, and I sleep right through, but theres something about the physical act of setting the alarm that sticks in my subconscious. Its almost like my brain hates the sound of the alarm so much that it wakes me up so I don't have to hear it. I'm frightened that I share some otherworldly connection with joe.

Jeremy, I'm strangely comforted to know that all it will take to save the world is someone saying "what the hell is wrong with you." to the right person.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: